chapter twenty seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: FRANCE

Wanda and I have been in hiding for about a month now. Our relationship was complicated-but in the best way possible. We weren't officially dating, but we shared kisses late at night, and had deep conversations with each other, muttering words that no one else has ever heard before. I think the two of us were just building up the courage to ask.

The hotel we were in was crappy, to say the least. It was a complete mess. Dirt seemed to be caked on the walls, and the wallpaper itself had rips and holes in it, exposing the cracked walls behind it. The one desk that was in the room had scratches on it, as if someone had taken a knife to it and carved in random lines.

The bed was another story. There was only one, and neither Wanda or I slept on it in fear of bed bugs. In fact, we hardly slept at all. The constant fear that we would be caught was still lingering.

I watched her with a soft smile as she stood on the small balcony. The night sky in France was beautiful-it was our current hiding place. We planned on moving somewhere else soon.

"I know you're watching me." She sounded amused, her eyes stayed forward for a moment longer. When she turned to face me, I could see the smile tugging at her lips, "was there something that you wanted to say?"

I shrugged, "I'm just glad you're here." I made my way over to her, resting my arms on the railing of the balcony, our elbows nearly touching. "With me."

Her smile seemed to widen, "well, I know this isn't really ideal, and it wasn't what I had in mind when I finally got to know this side of you, but I'm glad I'm here too." She sighed softly, looping her arm with mine as she leaned her head on my shoulder. There was a moment of silence before she spoke again, "Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" She glanced up at me, the stars seemed to twinkle in her eyes. Her hair was dyed a beautiful shade of red-she tried to change her appearance as to not be found, and so did I. My hair was now chopped shorter, resting on my shoulders. It was a darker shade of brown, and it looked quite nice on me.

I smiled widely, "only if you would like to be mine." She giggled softly at the comment.

She nodded, "I would love to be your girlfriend." She rested her hand on my cheek, smiling softly, before pulling me into a kiss. I couldn't help but smile back.

-----
lizzie speaks...

this chapter is so cute i'm not okay