chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: YOU ARE AN AVENGER

Wanda and I watched in disbelief as the ground started to split, cracks in the pavement covering on large areas. "Oh shit." I mumbled as I moved closer to Wanda. I felt terrified.

Then, the ground started to float upwards. I watched as we got higher, and the other side of the crack stayed below. Sokovia was flying.

"Do you see... the beauty of it?" Ultron's voice echoed out of each robot, making his voice deafening and impossible to escape. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall."

"You, Avengers, you are my meteor." Ultron said with confidence. I felt my stomach twist into a knot at the realization-he was going to drop Sokovia. "My swift and terrible sword, and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure."

Wanda and I were leaning against a car to steady our balance from the aggressive shaking of the ground we stood on. Both of us had looks of fear plastered on our faces as we watched the robots surround us.

"Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world... will be metal." Ultron finished, a chill ran down my spine.

"Okay, we got this." I said to Wanda. If I was being honest, I had very little faith in myself but I also don't think that sitting around is such a good idea. As a matter of fact, it's the worst idea.

Wanda and I stood back to back as we fought off all oncoming robots. They came from left and right; they showed no mercy.

One of the robots shot near my leg as debris scratched it, I cried out in pain, but I kept fighting nonetheless.

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony warned on the comms.

A few moments later, Steve replied with, "incoming already came in." His voice was strained, "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart."

I looked to Wanda as we listened to what he said. She took ahold of my hand once more. "You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed," Steve paused, "walk it off."

"Oh, yeah." I mumbled sarcastically. "Just that easy."

Wanda and I continued helping bring people to safety as we ducked our heads. We were close to Clint by now; he shot an arrow at a nearby robot while we continued running.

I screamed out in terror as a robot was about to come crashing down on us, but Wanda was quick to use her power and blast it away.

Wanda and I kept our hands up just in case we needed to fight off more robots, which we most definitely did. I looked up to see multiple robots above us, ready to fire. Too many.

"Go, go, go!" Clint called out as he pushed us out of the way of a robot that was about to come crashing down on us. The three of us jumped through a window to get to safety as we landed on the cold, hard floor.

"Ugh..." I groaned as I shifted on the floor.

"You okay?" Clint asked, I only nodded.

Wanda was crawling away in fear, trying to distance herself from the window. "How could I let this happen?"

"Hey, hey, you okay?" Clint asked.

"This is all our fault."

"Hey, look at me." Clint's voice was stern yet welcoming. It caught Wanda's attention. "It's your fault, it's everyone's fault. Who cares? Are you up for this? Are you?" Clint raised a brow as Wanda panted heavily, remaining silent.

"Look, I just need to know. Because the city is... is flying. Okay, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, I have a bow and arrow and Quinn is basically a glow stick. None of this makes sense." Clint was stopped mid-sentence as two shots were fired at the wall beside us.

Clint groaned in annoyance before shooting an arrow through a hole in the wall. "But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you."

I glanced at Wanda as she calmed down, her hand in mine. "But if you step out that door... you are an Avenger."

The two stared at each other for a moment as Wanda pondered the idea in her head. "All right, good chat." Clint mumbled as he stood up. He grabbed some arrows from the side of his leg and hooked them on his bow. "Yeah, the city is flying." He muttered before kicking the door open from behind him, getting back into the fight.

I looked to Wanda, she looked lost in thought. "Hey," I said softly, she continued staring at the floor. "Hey, Wanda." I said a little louder this time, and my voice finally registered in her mind. I offered her a kind smile before i continued talking.

"You don't have to do this. It's up to you, you know?" I pursed my lips. Her response was a small nod. "Well, uh, hopefully, you know, if you don't become an Avenger and everything, I'll still see you around." I said with a half smile, "maybe we can start over?"

I sighed softly before getting up, making my way over to the door as I shook out my hands. I glanced back at Wanda, "see ya later, Red." I smiled before joining Clint in the fight.

I threw a beam at four robots, watching as it bounced off each one, burning them into melted metal as the liquid blended with the ground. It was only noticeable in the light. Damn.

Clint fired arrow after arrow. He even jumped while shooting one, before landing on the ground-it looked like it hurt. "Ow." He groaned in pain as he crouched beside a car. Yep, it hurt.

Just as the robots started to get the better of us-as I thought we were about to be shot-I looked to my right to see the doors of the building that Wanda was in burst open.

Her eyes glowed the familiar bright red as her hand shot out to her right, red mist dripped from her fingertips like a liquid before surrounding the robot as well. She used both hands to split the robot in two.

Wanda brought her hands down to the ground as she pulled energy back up, shooting it towards multiple robots, destroying them immediately.

I stared in shock, "wow." Was all I could say.

Clint nodded at Wanda as we stood up and made our way to her. "All right, we're all clear here."

"We are not clear!" Steve grunted from the other side of the comms. "We are very not clear!"

"All right, coming to you." Clint sighed. Before I could even process what was happening, Pietro sped in and stood by Wanda.

"Hey, Quinn." He smiled at me while he picked up Wanda. Then, he sped off while saying, "keep up old man!"

I chuckled softly, "I love that guy."

Clint sighed as he faced the direction the twins just sped off in before pointing his arrow there. "Nobody would know. Nobody." He mumbled to himself. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on." I laughed as we started jogging into the direction of the fight.

"The last I saw him an Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already."

-----
lizzie speaks...

okay i am NOT ready for this to end, i love age of ultron