CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11

A few days later, Sasuke shakes his head as he walks around the Mist Village in frustration. He was with Naruto on a diplomatic mission. To say the least, the Uchiha wasn't thrilled about being away from his family this long.

"You know, they could have come with us." Naruto shakes his head at his friend.

At this, Sasuke rolls his eyes. "Arashi and Aiya are going to start the Academy in a week and Itachi is busy making the final preparations for the new school year." And it wouldn't have been right to take only some of their children with him.

Not to mention, Hinata probably would have killed him. He doubted his wife would have been willing to take six children hundreds of miles away from their home, especially when some of the trip had to be traveled on ship.

Sasuke wasn't really sure how the children would handle being on a boat. That and even if they liked it, trying to herd six small children on a ship would be no easy task. If he thought it was hard to get some privacy with Hinata at their home, a ship would have made it impossible!

"Oh that's right. Still have a hard time believing they're your kids, but with Kenji you can't really question it." Naruto grins.

Damn straight! They were his kids. Well at least some of them. Some were Itachi's, but that made little difference.

He knew that it was childish, but Sasuke was happy to know at least one was definitely his. The younger Uchiha Brother couldn't help, but wonder sometimes. Would knowing that make Itachi want to get the paternity test done. Just to know once and for all?

The man was ridiculously serene about the situation. "That's they are and they'll be running circles around Akeno once she's old enough to start the Academy." It didn't seem to bother him in the slightest. The not knowing part.

"Whatever bastard, Akeno is way faster than Arashi!" Sasuke didn't think that was true. "She's the one running circles around him." Arashi was just easily distracted.

For some reason, his son found blonde hair utterly fascinating. Though maybe, that was to be expected. After all, he had been born into two Clans were darker hair was the norm. Sasuke would probably stare if he was a kid too.

"You're such an idiot sometimes. Let's go visit Mei and Gaara." The lovebirds seemed to split their time between the two villages.

It was almost impossible to tell where they were going to be on any given day. Though Sasuke suspected that was probably on purpose. They were two Kages who had fallen in love and their villages didn't exactly neighbor each other. The element of surprise was probably their strongest asset.

Naruto grins. "Yeah! Damn Kaemon must be huge by now!" Probably.

Sasuke couldn't quite remember if Kaemon was three or four. He knew that he was younger than the twins, but older the triplets though. And perhaps most disturbingly of all, the little red head was always far too excited to play with Aiya and the feeling seemed mutual.

They were just kids though. Well at least that's what he hoped. He had to be imagining things. People didn't find their soul mates when they were toddlers!

"Come on." No surprise, but it was probably going to rain soon. "I'd rather not get caught in the rain, you idiot." And with that, Sasuke drags Naruto off by his collar back to Mei's and Gaara's place.

Meanwhile back in the Leaf, Hinata smiles as she and Itachi put the last of the children down for the night. It seemed Kenji was a night owl though and his habits were rubbing off on Arashi.

"But what if he gets lonely?" Arashi looks at his mother with big worried eyes.

Oh no! Not the Bubbles Eyes Jutsu! That thing was positively lethal!