Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Amaya smiles as she watches her family eat. Of course, the grandparents were fawning over the newest members of their Clan. In particular, Sasuke and Naruto were having some sort of territorial battle over Minato. Which was most amusing really.

"Stop being such a selfish bastard!" Naruto glares at Sasuke. "You have two grandchildren. I only have one."

Well that was a fair point. Though she doubted her father was going to be dissuaded by that. Her younger father had always been more of an emotional creature than a logical one, outside of battle anyway.

Sasuke rolls his eyes. "He's named after your father. So I think it evens out!" Hmm. Another good point.

"Some things never change." Gaara sighs.

Well Amaya couldn't disagree there either. Uncle Naruto and Father Sasuke were always bickering about something. Though she knew that they would die for each other, if it came down to it. (They very nearly had several times, actually).

Hinata rubs the back of her head sheepishly. "So Amaya, how are things going with your training under Ibiki?" Oh right.

"Pretty good!" It was only the first day though! "He mostly just gave me a tour and told me how he got started in the Interrogation Business." She smiles at the thought.

Ibiki could be surprisingly chatty, when he was alone with a colleague. That or maybe, he was just relieved that retirement was actually in sight now. The poor guy really should have tired years ago. Her Father Itachi was right about that.

That and there with this other really cute guy that worked in the Intelligence Department. Of course, she wasn't going to tell her parents that. Yeah. She wasn't that foolish!

"That's wonderful news!" Sakura nods as she glances at Minato who was being passed back and forth between Sasuke and Nartuo. "You two are impossible!" Both of them just shrug and continue fawning over their first grandson.

Kenji was apparently tired of being the embarrassed one. "You're just saying that cause you were totally checking out Ryo." Damn it! She was screwed!

She twitches. Kenji was clearly just taking the heat off of himself. That brat! Amaya would get him back for that later!

Training her ass! He was probably off making out and swimming around with Safa! Well that was assuming one of them had finally made a move. Judging by that blush though, someone had!

"I really hate you right now." She glares at him.

Hoshi laughs and shakes his head. "Maybe, Ryo can kiss it better. That way you won't be so grumpy." Oh that was it. Hoshi was asking to get captured in a Genjutsu!

Her eyes start whirling. One the lavender of the Byakugan and the other the crimson red of the Sharingan. That was it! She was going to show them who was boss!

"Amaya, calm yourself." Itachi shakes his head in amusement. "We'll have a discussion about this Ryo later."

Amaya squeaks. Damn it. She didn't like the sound of that and to make matters worse, Sasuke suddenly places Minato in Naruto's hands and heads over.

Damn it! She needed to distract them somehow! She was in so much trouble and she really didn't want to traumatize Ryo for life. Him being cute wasn't a crime in anyone's eyes, except for her fathers'!

"Who is Ryo?" Both her fathers turn their attention to her.

Aiya shakes her head. "Fathers, don't embarrass Amaya like you did me." She pats Amaya's back reassuringly. "I'm sure he's a most excellent ninja to have caught her eye. Besides, she's a big girl now. She's nineteen and a Jonin!"