Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Two weeks later, Kaiden didn't think that his wife was ever going to stop twitching. Not that he could blame her. They had been bested by a bunch of children! It was rather humiliating.

"Those brats are too strong and they haven't even hit puberty yet." That unfortunately was a good point. "We're going to need to act more quickly!" Indeed!

Though what they were going to do about the situation was a little more uncertain. "What did you have in mind, My Love?" Well at least the crystals had just dissolved after about an hour.

Getting stuck in crystals wasn't on his To Do List. He couldn't lie though. It made him very uneasy. These were not normal children.

No. These were demons. Toddlers shouldn't be able to use any sort of Jutsus, let alone Jutsus on that level. Thankfully, it appeared to be more instinctual than anything else. But that didn't exactly put his mind at ease. In some ways, that made it more dangerous.

"A contract." Kira sighs heavily. "As much as I'm loathed to admit it, we're getting too old." That was true.

Kaiden had been married to his wife for the vast majority of his long life and so, he liked to think that he could read her well. "You want to hire a mercenary." It was a statement of fact. Not a question.

Kira nods and Kaiden pauses. He wasn't sure how he felt about this. On one hand, they were getting too old. It would be a miracle, if they had even five more years in them. On the other hand, could a mercenary really be trusted.

Those people were only after one thing. Money. And while they had lots of it, who was to say that someone wouldn't make them a better offer later on?

"Yes, I do." She smiles slyly. "It seems the most logical solution." That smile. Kaiden didn't particularly care for him.

It made her seem so predatory. There were times when it was attractive, but they were talking about children. Well demonic children, but still children. Still, what other choice did they truly have?

Their hands had been forced. These were simply the cards that fate had dealt them. It was now up to them, to make the most of it!

He nods. What more was there to say on the matter? "Did you have someone in mind?" This was going to prove difficult.

Kira nods. "Yes, I do believe that I have the perfect choice in mind." Hmm. It sounded like she had been thinking about this for awhile.

Kaiden doubted that she had just come up with a name out of thin air. His wife sounded almost disturbingly confident with her choice. Which could only mean one thing, this person's help would not come cheaply.

That was fine with him though. He had a foot in the grave already and it wasn't like they didn't have the money. That and well, "You get what you pay for."

"Who?" He needed a name. "Who did you have in mind?"

She smiles slyly. "Sagara." Damn it. Sagara would definitely get the job done, but he was a wily bastard. Kaiden didn't trust him as far as he could throw him!

Meanwhile Sasuke watches as the children play with Aoda. It was a rather adorable sight. Not even he could deny that.

Well Aoda and his Mate. Kara. A giant female snake. Sasuke supposed that it was only natural. There had to be female Snake Summons somewhere. Otherwise, where would all the hatchlings come from?

"Hi, Aoda!" Aiya smiles as she huggles the massive snake's chest.

Well Sasuke assumed that was the closest spot that Aoda had to a chest anyway. His children were certainly not afraid of snakes. That much was for certain!