Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The next day, Naruto shakes his head at his daughter and wife. He knew that Sakura was mad. Really, really mad. There just hadn't been time though!

"I can't believe you!" His wife looked about half ready to clock him. "Why didn't you tell me what was going on?!" And he kinda deserved it. "I could have helped!"

It didn't help matters that Akeno was watching the whole incident rather gleefully. "Daddy in trouble." She giggles.

That was apparently the wrong thing to say. Presently, they were back home and his favorite medic was giving him the tonguelashing of a lifetime. Oh and apparently, his daughter just didn't know how to quit when she was ahead.

"Yes, he is in trouble and so are you!" Sakura shakes her head. "You shouldn't have gone with them! You should have told adults!" Naruto knew that his wife was only shouting because she was scared. Scared that she might have lost their only child, but Akeno looked suitably terrified.

The waterworks were threatening to start and that was never good. "S-Sorry Mommy." Akeno was probably the only twelve year old who would call her parents Mommy and Daddy, but she only did it at home and when she was nervous.

Naruto doubted that it was going to work this time though. Sakura was absolutely furious. Not he could blame her.

"I didn't mean to make you worry." It was just one of her quirks or maybe a subtle attempt at manipulation to make them go easier on her. "I just wanted to help my friends!" Naruto wasn't sure which.

Sakura smacks her forehead and Naruto sighs as he looks around their cozy living room. It was the same as always, yellow walls that screamed sunshine and cheerfulness to him. A calming white ceiling with Sakura's beloved chandelier. An orange silky couch that the blonde just loved perched on top of a stormy gray carpet. Oh and there was also a small coffee table and fireplace in it.

Cozy, cheerful, but not overpowering. That's how his wife described it. They had built a life together. They just hadn't factored in the fact that Akeno was going to take after him so strongly.

"Yes, Akeno it's good to help your friends." Sakura sighs. "But you shouldn't have put yourself in danger like that." She shakes her head in exasperation. "You're just like your father."

Man, Naruto really hated this part. He had to actually punish his daughter for trying to save her friends. That just sucked.

"Yeah, but unlike me she has us to look after her." He sighs heavily. "You're grounded for a month." It really sucked to see the kicked Puppy Eyes too! "You're not going anywhere that isn't the Academy." She was just a little younger than the Uchiha Twins (well the eldest set) and thus hadn't graduated yet.

As predicted, that elicited crocodile tears. Those were the worst. He was such a pushover when it came to his daughter. He had no idea how Sasuke handled four daughters and four sons.

"The bastard must pawn this part off to Itachi and Hinata or something." He shakes his head.

Akeno blinks. "What are you talking about?" Oh damn. He had said that out loud.

Quick! He had to look parental! Naruto had to look like a responsible parent or else Sakura was really, really going to kill him!

"Nothing!" He uses The Voice! "You're grounded for a month and that's that." The Voice never failed. It was the tone that showed he meant business! "You're lucky that Akio told us what was going on and the Uchihas found you guys before it got serious!"

That's what had happened. Akio had come running to his office and they had split up. When the Uchihas caught up with them, Naruto had taken Akio back to his parents to get him out of the way of the fighting while everyone else went off to fight.