Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A short while later, Sagara smirks as he glances over the unconscious form of the Uchiha Children and their teammates. Well at least two of the Uchiha Children. Things would have been a lot easier for him, if the Uchihas had stopped at the twins. He still had six more to go!

"Make sure that they are all chakra cuffed, bound, and blindfolded." The last thing he wanted was to take the chance those eyes of theirs would activate. "Those two might look like kids, but they're really little demons."

He probably would have been fascinated by them, if circumstances were different. Combining two bloodlines was rarely done. Both because families with them didn't want to risk "diluting" or "breeding out" their own bloodline and because one never knew what the results could be.

New bloodlines could be formed if old ones were combined. Which was all very interesting in theory, but it could be dangerous. When a new bloodline formed, no one really knew what the limits were. Those limits were found by trial and error and sometimes, the errors were fatal.

The thugs nod and set about doing exactly that. "You got it boss!" Thugs. That's exactly what they were.

Most of them were criminals or nomads. Some were ninjas, but some weren't. They were really only designed to serve as fodder during the ambushes. That's why he hadn't bothered to hire particularly skilled ninjas. They'd be easier to kill that way.

They were also foreign. That minimized the chances they'd recognize Uchiha Children on sight. As long as their Byakugan and Sharingan weren't activated, there was no reason for his "employees" to get spooked.

"They never would have agreed to help, if they knew." He watches them closely, his voice not even loud enough to be considered a whisper.

Very few people were actually foolish or brave enough to risk the wrath of the Uchiha Parents.

Each of them alone were the stuff of nightmares or at least powerful enough to pose a serious challenge to even the most skilled of ninjas. Sasuke had fought against Madara and lived to tell the tale. He could easily level villages, if he wanted to. Itachi was a man who had been capable of taking out most of his Clan before he was even old enough to be considered a man. And then there was Hinata.

Hinata was a Hyuga. She had all the abilities that the Byakugan granted her. She was also able to drain another person's chakra and give it to someone else. Not to mention, she was also a medic. Medical Jutsus could be applied offensively in battle, if it became necessary.

"They're all set, boss!" One of the thugs looks at him and Sagara smiles in response, nodding in acknowledgment.

That's why he wouldn't take their eyes. It was certainly tempting. They were probably worth even more than was in that vault, but their parents would track him down. If he merely got them to sign something, there was a good chance he might be able to slip away.

Cutting out a child's eyes, well that was more personal. The Uchiha Parents would never rest until they found him and that was just unacceptable. He was in no mood to die this young.

He quickly heads closer and checks their vitals. "They're all still breathing regularly. They should wake soon enough." And then he'd get them to sign the contract.

Of course, Sagara wasn't naïve. He knew that they would try to fight him, during the release. Probably try to drag him back to the Leaf and put him in prison at a minimum. So their release would have to be handled very delicately.

While he certainly didn't mind killing, he wasn't just an assassin. It was almost never his primary goal. He was in it for the money pure and simple. The fact that he had racked up a high body count over the years, well that was just part of being a mercenary and a criminal ninja!