Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Itachi chuckles as he watches poor Arashi and the rest of his siblings carry what seemed to be mountains of chocolate, flowers, stuffed animals, and cards back to the District. Well perhaps, he was exaggerating. Though Itachi would say there were about a dozen boxes of chocolate, twice that many cards, about six animals, and God only knows how many flowers. It was Valentine's Day.

"I suppose a paternity test wasn't really needed in Arashi's case." He gives Sasuke a sly look.

Sasuke's response made Itachi chuckle, but that was hardly surprising. The Uchiha Patriarch called him his foolish little brother for a reason. And the fact that a man his age would resort to flipping him off, well that was just one of them.

The younger Uchiha Brother then rolls his eyes. "Screw you, Itachi." Thankfully, the children were far enough away that they didn't hear that yet.

Hinata did though. "Mmm well that's more my job than yours." She giggles and kisses both of their cheeks. "I think it's sweet really, like father, like son."

Sasuke shoots her an incredulous look. Itachi couldn't stop chuckling at his dismay. It had only vaguely started before the Massacre, but the elder brother had seen the signs. The Academy Girls were going to drive his foolish little brother insane and according to Naruto, Itachi's prediction had been entirely accurate.

"Touché, My Queen." Itachi smirks at Hinata's comeback.

The raven haired ninja sighs and looks at Hinata. "Whose side are you on?" Hinata just giggles and cuddles to him.

Itachi turns his attention back to their children and smiles. It seemed like only yesterday, they had found out the paternity results. Though it had been two years ago.

Tsunade blinked at them. "Are you sure that the three of you want to do this?" Her skepticism was understandable, considering five of their children were already Academy Age and they hadn't asked before.

Hinata, Sasuke, and Itachi nodded though. It was better to know now. Preferably, before the twins or even the triplets started asking questions!

"We're sure." Hinata smiled at her serenely. "We're almost positive that we know the results for the last three and it's not really fair to know for only some of them."

The former Hokage nodded and set about performing the test. Waiting for the results had been absolute agony on all of them. Itachi didn't really know why, but it was.

It shouldn't have mattered. The twins were eight. They had been living with this uncertainty for almost a decade and it had never really interfered with their happiness.

Their family was gloriously happy. This shouldn't matter. All of their children were at a minimum his nieces and nephews, but for some reason he just couldn't quiet his nerves. It made no sense, but it was true.

"Alright. Is there any particular order that you wish to hear the results?" Tsunade looked at them expectantly.

Sasuke shook his head. "Not particularly." He pauses. "Well I guess it would make more sense to start with the eldest and end with the youngest."

Hinata nodded in agreement. So did Itachi. He couldn't exactly fault that logic. It made sense.

"Alright. Well as for Arashi and Aiya, they were fathered by Sasuke." Tsunade glanced down at the list. "Yes, the twins were definitely fathered by Sasuke."

Itachi chuckled as his foolish little brother looked so smug as he kissed Hinata's cheek. "Well it was a fifty-fifty shot." The twins did look a little ambiguous to put it mildly.