Chapter 33:Epilouge

Chapter 33

Five years. It had been five years since Hinata's, Sasuke's, and the Clan's heart was broken by Itachi's passing. The fact that he had died of old age, hadn't made it any easier. Itachi Uchiha may have lived to be a hundred, but it hadn't been enough for their Clan.

"Devastated." She washes some dishes in their home.

One of the dishes was as red of a tomato. Which only reminded her of Sasuke. Her second husband who had passed on two years ago. Like his older bother, Sasuke had also died of old age.

"Are you alright, mother?" Aiya blinks as she walks over to the Uchiha Matriarch.

In those three years, Hinata had clung to Sasuke and he to her. Both of them had been somewhat lost without Itachi, but they still had each other. They had each other and their children. And their grandchildren. And their great grandchildren. That made it bearable.

Hinata sighs as she looks over at her now very much elderly daughter. "I just miss them." Aiya's hair was now longer raven black like Sasuke's, but as gray as Kakashi's had been. That was only to be expected though. She was in her early eighties.

"I know." She embraces her mother as tightly as she could. "They're in a better place now though and neither of them would want you to grieve like this." Hinata knew that.

That didn't make it any less difficult. Tears were threatening to spill forth from her eyes, but she wouldn't allow it. Hinata was not going to cry in front of her daughter. Not again. She had on the days of her husband's passing, but the Uchiha Matriarch wouldn't do it again.

Hinata nods. That was true. "I know. How are my great grandchildren doing?" The bluenette forces a smile.

The Uchiha Clan had definitely grown. A lot. She was now a great grandmother several times over. It was actually a good thing they had a District. Though a few of the more adventurous Uchihas were already spreading throughout the village.

Hinata knew that was the smart move of course. If they weren't as tightly clustered or isolated as they had been, it was less likely to happen again. The unthinkable. Another Massacre.

"They're all doing wonderfully. It seems like only yesterday, they were entering the Academy." Aiya smiles and kisses her mother's cheek. "It's truly amazing, how quickly they're all growing up."

The former bluenette would have preferred to have them all clustered in the District together. It would have been easier to see them that way, but spreading out was probably wiser. Besides, there were still a lot of Uchihas in the District and Aoda's family still lived in the forest nearby.

Hinata smiles at her daughter's words though. "That's good. I'm sure they'll all be fine ninjas in no time." It was so strange. Hinata could remember with perfect clarity the day Aiya and Arashi entered the Academy and now they were both grown. Grown with children and grandchildren of their own!

Time flew by so quickly. It had been over eighty years since she married Itachi and Sasuke, but it hadn't been enough. The time had flown by so quickly, proving the old saying true.

Time flies when you were having fun. In those many years, they had known great joy and thus, it had been over in the blink of an eye. The five years without Itachi and two years without Sasuke though, those years had been slow. Agonizingly so.

"Of course." Aiya laughs and smiles. "It is their birthright after all. The Sharingan, the Byakugan, and to be great ninjas." That thought was true and brought a smile to Hinata's face.

She just wished that Itachi and Sasuke had been here to see it. They had always both doted on their children and descendants so much. She couldn't help, but glance at the door as if expecting to see one or both of them come walking through it.