Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Three weeks later and Sagara sighs in relief. This had taken far too long in his opinion, but the time to strike was now. It had been a difficult journey to say the least, but he was confident that everything was in place.

"Good!" He smirks as he reads the scroll.

Dear Blood Moon,

We're in position and awaiting the signal.

Sincerely, Treasure Seekers.

Sadly, the twins hadn't been put on the same team. That made things difficult for him. He could have cloned himself and gone after Team Seven or Team Eight that way, but clones were so ridiculously fragile.

Not to mention, each team was lead by an experienced Jonin. While Tenten and Shikamaru might not be as formidable as the Uchiha Parents, they were still powerful ninjas in their own right.

He quickly pens his response and sends the Messenger Hawk out. " And not to be taken lightly." That was very much true.

Tenten was a Weapon's Mistress. The woman could launch a flurry of every sharp and pointy object known to man almost as fast as one could blink. He'd never really seen her use other styles of fighting though. Then again, her original team had been a specialist team, so perhaps that wasn't unexpected.

"And Shikamaru, if anything, is worse." He sighs as he watches the hawk fly off.

The man was a genius and that was part of the reason why the war had been done. He was also capable of using the Shadow Possession Jutsu. He might have lacked the dramatic flare of some of the other members of the Rookie Nine, but he wasn't someone that Sagara felt inclined to challenge directly.

Unfortunately, there really was no way to get around it. It had to be done. That was why, he had hired some thugs.

The thugs would attack Team Seven and he would take care of Team Eight. Sagara had given them very specific instructions and promised to pay them handsomely for their efforts.

He smirks at the thought. "The only payment they'll receive is an early grave though." Sagara had no intention of splitting the payment.

Honestly, they did deserve to die. How they could ever be naïve enough to think that they would be equal partners with someone of his stature was beyond him.

With that thought in mind, Sagara prepares to head off. This moment had been years in the making. It was rare that he was actually excited about something, but today he was. Today, he was going to catch himself not one, but two Uchihas!

Later that day, Hiashi mentally groans and he knew that his son-in-laws were doing the same. Well at least internally. They were too smart to do so in front of their wives.

They weren't alone though. Kakashi and Guy were with them. The Hyuga man was sure that was some sort of attempt on the part of his meddling daughters to keep things from getting out of control. Ha. Hanabi and Hinata could be ridiculously naïve sometimes.

"Two Queens!" Konohamaru grins.

Tears stream down Guy's face. "The Power of Youth lost, but how?!" Apparently, the spandex lover had lost the card game.

Hiashi knew that it was such a trivial thing, but he really wished the Taijutsu User wasn't so fond of spandex. A man his age simply should not be wearing that. Honestly!

"That's just the luck of the draw." Kakashi smiles serenely underneath his mask. "I happen to have three Queens myself." Oh boy.

They'd likely all never hear the end of this. Kakashi and Guy were the best of friends, but they were also rivals. They had some sort of major competition going. Whoever won the majority of a hundred contests, won the big one.