Chapter 17

Uchiha Children Ages: Aiya and Arashi are 12, triplets are 9, Kenji is 8, and Hoshi & Shisui are 6.

Chapter 17

Hinata smiles and watches proudly as Itachi and Sasuke attempt to teach their youngest children the Fireball Jutsu. Hoshi and Shisui were now six and while she still thought that was early, it did seem hypocritical to object. After all, Arashi had been born with the ability to make fire. (Even if it was mostly smoke at that point).

"I know that I said a Genin can't do it because it takes too much chakra and that this is a Fire Clan, but this is ridiculous." Kakashi chuckles. "It's one thing Arashi and Miya to have affinities for this type of thing, but to teach all your children this when they turned six?"

Sasuke smirks. "Don't worry. Our District is fireproof and it's a tradition." He nods smugly as if that explained everything.

"My turn!" Shisui smiles happily.

Hoshi was basically in the same state as his brother though. He was jumping up and down excitedly. It was apparent that they were rather eager to join their older siblings in this right of passage.

Not that Hinata could blame them. They had six older siblings who could produce a fireball. They probably felt left out and she supposed that it was a tradition.

"That's right." Itachi smiles. "It is your turn and your brothers." He glances at Sasuke. "I'll take Hoshi and you take Shisui?"

Sasuke nods and scoops up Shisui, leading him to the peer. Ever since finding out the paternity results, Hinata had noticed they now knew what it was like to be her. They were trying their best not to play favorites and it was possible that maybe , it didn't actually matter to them. Still it had to be awkward.

Both of them knew that half of their children weren't biologically theirs. Well at least not exactly. At a minimum they had four niece(s) and nephew(s). Still, there was a different bond that existed between a child's uncle and their father in her view.

"You breathe like this." Sasuke demonstrates for Shisui as he blows a fireball out of his mouth.

She'd seen them do this before, of course. A few times. It never got any less adorable though.

Shisui smiles up at one of his "fathers." "Okay!" And he tries to do exactly as Sasuke did.

Well he had the basic technique right. Though he had certainly produced far more smoke than fire. That much was for certain.

"That was a good first try." Sasuke smiles at him.

"Well actually, I've been trying to help them." Arashi smiles.

Kakashi shakes his head in amusement. "That's adorable, but you are all lucky that the District is fireproof." His eyes shine with laughter as he flips another page in his book.

"Big sister, I was wondering something." Amaya smiles as she heads over to Aiya.

Hinata activates her Byakugan. That way she could keep her eyes on Shisui and Sasuke and on her eldest daughters. Who knew what sort of mischief, they'd get up to otherwise?

Aiya tilts her head. "What is it?" She smiles.

"Well how come the boys get more candy than us on Valentine's Day?" Oh right.

Hinata turns her attention to Sasuke and Itachi. Both of them were trying a little too hard to look innocent. She had a pretty good idea why her daughter received less gifts than their sons.

Those stereotypical overprotective bastards! She was going to have to have a discussion with them about this. She knew that Itachi and Sasuke loved their children with all their heart, but it wasn't right to treat the boys and girls differently! Honestly!