Chapter 20

Chapter 20

All too soon in Hinata's mind, the family vacation ended and they were back at the Leaf. Today was a big day though. Both Aiya and Arashi would be heading off to meet their respective Genin Teams officially for the first time.

"What's Tenten like, father?" Aiya looks up at Sasuke between nibbling on her French Toast.

Sasuke chuckles at that and shakes his head. It was obvious that their eldest child was feeling a bit nervous. That was probably why she was playing with her food so much.

He pauses as though uncertain how to answer that. "Well I never really spent that much time with her. I know that she's good with weapons though and she's a tomboy." Sasuke shrugs and Itachi playfully rolls his eyes.

"You're description skills are exemplary, Sasuke." Itachi shakes his own head in disbelief. "Truly, they are." And with that, Itachi pokes Sasuke's forehead as their other children laugh.

Arashi in contrast seemed more than happy to gobble up as much food as he could get his hands on. Hinata smiles at this and decides Sasuke must have told him about the stunt that Kakashi had pulled with the "original" Team Seven. Smart boy.

Sasuke just rolls his eyes. "Whatever, Itachi." Hinata couldn't help, but giggle at the sight.

There were days that it was difficult to believe that Sasuke wasn't Shisui's and Hoshi's age and Itachi wasn't Aiya's and Arashi's. It seemed that now that the worst of the Massacre had been put behind them, they had naturally fallen back into their roles as the older and younger brother.

Arashi beams up at Itachi. "So what's Shikamaru like?" At this, Hinata and Sasuke both laugh.

"He's a very intelligent, though lazy ninja." Itachi shrugs as he smiles. "I don't know him that well, but you'll learn a lot from him. That is of course, provided you can get him to do something besides look at the clouds."

Hinata couldn't exactly argue with that description. She still couldn't believe it really. Her babies were all grown up. (Well kinda).

Miya wanders over to Arashi and boops him on the nose before bounding over to her mot her and presenting her with a scroll. "The Messenger Hawk was sitting on the window." The middle triplet smiles at her as if that explained everything.

"Oh yes, thank you, Miya." Hinata returns her daughter's smile and blushes beat red as she reads what was written on the scroll.

Dearest Hinata,

I love you with all my heart. It gladdens me that you have such a happy marriage, but I do not think it was appropriate to express said happiness in the room next to mine!

That was most unseeingly and deviant! Kindly, do not do so again in the future. What on Earth will you do, if one or more of your children overhears you and your husbands?!

Have none of you heard of the Soundproofing Jutsu? I find that hard to believe given how long you've all been married and the fact you have eight children. If you MUST indulge them in such deviancy, at least use that. And I am rather tempted to wash all of your filthy mouths out with soap!

Love, Your Father.

Kenji wolves down a couple eggs. "What's it say, mother?" And Hinata blushes more.

"I recognize the writing." Amaya smiles cheerfully. "It must be from grandfather."

Well at least she hadn't read it. Hinata's dignity was still somewhat intact. That was a relief!

Aiya rolls her eyes, after taking a sip of her orange juice. "He must have overheard the training too!" Hinata, Itachi, and Sasuke all sputter in response to that little gem.