Chapter 6: Unfortunate Luck

| Uzumaki Naruto

"Oi, Naruto. Where are you looking at?" I turned my head to Kiba to see they're standing by the door of the registration room. I'm even surprised to see Shino. I didn't noticed him earlier.

Chouji looks back to see where I am staring to and saw nothing but the empty hallway.

"I-It's nothing. We should keep going." I said and drags Chouji by his arm inside the room. The others followed afterwards.

It was quite spacious and there are only few people. You can also distinguish the students and staffs. The difference is that the seats are escalating and below was the table where the staffs are seating. Students will go there one by one and will proceed to another room by the door at the side of the stage.

Cool.

We all take a seat and mind our own businesses. The four- Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba and Shino just keeps talking with each other as I fished out my phone from my pocket when I feel it vibrated.

I got a message from Sasuke.

"I have a sudden errand to run in the company. Proceed on registration for now, I'm gonna fetch you later." - is what it says.

Just as expected, he's sure to put the business as his top priority than attending a rather normal event like registration for college. I was about to put back the phone on my pocket when someone bump into my arm that caused it to drop on the floor.

"Ah! Gomen, gomen. I wasn't looking on my way." I immediately pick the phone up and turn my head on the person beside me only to be a little surprised.

It's her. That blonde girl.

She's bowing a little and looks at me apologetically. I akwardly smile and wave my hand in front, gesturing it's all fine.

"Oi, you should be more aware of your surroundings." Kiba said making me sweat drop. Why does he need to sound rude?

"It's my fault, yes, but you don't need to be mean." It's like she suddenly switched mood and now looking pissed. She glances at me and bows again a little. "I'm sorry once again." She said before walking away, throwing a glare on Kiba.

"Geez, you don't need to say that, Kiba." I said and he just 'tsk' before turning his attention elsewhere.

"I think I saw her before." Chouji said and we turn our attention to him.

"You do?" I asked and he nods.

"Though I can't remember. It's a little vague in my mind."

I stare at my phone and thinks. I can't help but still be bothered by her. I mean, there's nothing to make a big deal out of a hug though. And like, maybe they're just friends and she seems nice too.

On the second thought-

Remembering what I just witnessed earlier at the hallway made me doubt.

Why do I need to see that in the first place? Don't they watch movies? Usually, scenes like that take place on rooftops or at the back of a school building. Not on a damn hallway where people can see them easily.

"Next please."

I snap out of my thoughts when the staff called for the next person so Shikamaru walked down and so on. When it's my turn, I sit down infront of the staff and the interview started.

"Name."

"Uzumaki Naruto." I answered.

"Age."

"17."

"Course."

I suddenly went silent after it and blinks. She glances at me when I didn't answer immediately.