Chapter 3: Moving In Part I

| Uzumaki Naruto

"Mooooom!" I yelled on top of my lungs. "Don't you want me anymore?"

I pull the luggage on my mother's hold and cries.

"Geez, Naruto. Go bring your other stuffs here." She answered and continue walking down on the stairs with my belongings. "Not more than an hour before your husband arrive."

"Mom! He's not yet my husband!"

She laughs and face me. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Why do I need to leave our house? Mom..." I rub my eyes and sobs. She pats my head and smiles.

"Honey, you can't marry someone you don't know completely. So before your wedding, you two must know each other deeply." She explained.

I know, I know. It's just that...  I've been living my whole life here, with my parents. Just the thought of not seeing them everyday and eating my Mom's cooking makes me so sad.

"You must learn how to live on your own too, Naruto." That line just made me cry more.

"But... Mom..." I sobs harder. I'm such a crybaby. I'm too close to my parents that it's breaking my heart to live separately.

I feel a gentle touch on my back. "Let's sit down." Mom said as she guide me on the sofa. She handed me a glass of water before patting my head again.

"Listen, Naruto." I place the glass down after I drink the water and look at her. "Sasuke is a very independent person. He do everything on his own, study things alone and rarely accept help even from his family."

I look down and bit my lips. Is she comparing me to Sasuke? I clearly see how different we are. He's much responsible and matured compared to me, who until now depends on my parents.

"I know that, Mom..." I mutters silently.

"That's why you need to be by his side starting from now." She continued.

"For me to learn how to be independent?"

She shakes his head and smiles. "You need to be independent for him."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. For him? He's independent already, what difference it will make if I become one too?

"You need to be someone he can depend on."

My eyes widen after hearing it. What..?

"Everyone has their own weaknesses. Even someone like Sasuke has a breaking point. You need to be his strength during that time."

I don't know why but I feel like it all makes sense now. I mean, it's still hard to explain but I guess I'm getting the gist of it.

The bell from the outside rang and one of the guard enters the wide door of our mansion.

"Lady Kushina, Mr. Uchiha is here." He announced and I tensed up.

"Let him in." Mom stands and walks to the kitchen.

"M-Mom wait!" I called. "H-How do I look?" I asked nervously. My eyes still stings a little and I'm sure it's kind of reddish from all that crying.

Mom laughs. "You look good. It's not like you cried a river."

"M-Mom!"

"Oh, Sasuke! Take a seat, I'll just get a drink for you guys."

I feel the loud thumping in my chest after hearing his name. Mom went to the kitchen while I remain standing there, back facing him.