Chapter 11: Dull But Amazing

Sasuke doesn't know what exactly is his reaction with the image in front of him. Is it that Naruto is sleeping peacefully and looking all cute or the fact that he's outside, sitting on the hallway and sleeping in not so comfortable position.

He approaches the sleeping figure and bend down on one knee, gently placing his palm on the orange-head.

"Naruto?" He called softly. The former stir in his sleep and raise his head slowly, rubbing his eyes which Sasuke find so cute he nearly look away, feeling his ear heats up.

"Mm." Naruto stares at him and blinks several times before realizing he just fallen asleep on the hallway. "A-Ah, I didn't mean to sleep. I just- you know- sleepy?" He explains rather unsure at the last part. He's sure to feel sleepy earlier but more of it was because his head feels light and a little painful. There are vague images still occuring in his mind but he can't understand a thing.

The raven just stares at him and come back to what's the main point at the moment. "Why are you here outside?"

"Ah, that! I remember, Sasuke. You should not let anyone just stay inside your office. It's dangerous, y'know." The blonde answered, with the hint of scolding in his tone that made Sasuke frowns.

"What 'anyone' are you talking about?"

"Anyone! Like, people you barely know. Something like that."

"Yeah, I know that. What of it?" He seems getting confused as their conversation goes. It doesn't explain anything on why his fiancè is outside, sleeping.

"What?" Likewise, Naruto feels lost. "I mean-" he takes a deep breath, collecting his thoughts. "Your subordinates told me I should wait you here outside and that's pretty much reasonable since you just let someone inside without informing them. They'll be suspicious."

"Naruto." Sasuke called, his voice's stern.

The other seems to notice it so his expression soften than it is, staring at him cautiously before muttering a soft 'mm?'.

"Who are you?" The former asked.

"Hah?" Though confuse with the sudden question, he narrows his brow and answered, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki."

"And who is Naruto Uzumaki to me?"

Naruto opened his lips to speak but no words left his mouth.

'Who am I to him?' he asked himself, gulping down as his chest starts throbbing loud. He's, for once, feel so lost that not even jokes and laugh can escape his mouth to ease up the tension he's feeling inside his chest.

His forehead creases, deep in his thoughts. "I honestly want to know the answer too."

It was too late for him to realize he just blurted out what supposed to remain unspoken.

'Shit, shit shit.' he mentally curses repeatedly.

"I-I mean.."

"You're my fiance." Sasuke answered after some implicit hesitation.

"Right.."

'Right.' Naruto repeated in his mind. 'His fiance. What else am I expecting?'

The thought seems to bring some unexplainable pain in his chest. He let out a nervous laugh and slowly stand. "Why are we sitting on the hallway, anyway. Come on, stand up, Sasuke."

He holds the latter's arm and guide him to stand and dust his own pants. "So, uh.. I think we can go inside now?" Turning his back, he gulps down forcefully and takes a step on the side to make way for Sasuke.