Chapter 12: First Day of Hell (ft. Naruto) Part I

How long it lasted, Naruto doesn't know nor he intended to know. His mind feels so light but can definitely hear the loud raging beats in his chest as if wanting to come out any moment.

No. He definitely doesn't want to know what happened next and how they made it back to their house. The ride was quiet to the point that he can hear the tiny sound coming from the aircon as it blew some cold air.

It was around past 7 pm when he found himself sitting on the edge of his bed, deep in his thoughts. Placing his index finger on his lips and remembering how the other's soft one collide with his sends a chill down to his spine.

The fact that he's the one who initiated it doesn't help.

As he saw the balcony on the side of his room, he just have this stupid thought of jumping out and rest for good. Which, of course, not so good and not an ideal way to die.

Soft knocks interrupted his thoughts and in turn replace by sudden skip in his heart beat.

'Damn, traitor.' he thought pertaining to his heart.

He made his way to open the door and find Sasuke looking up at him from staring at the door knob.

"Dinner's ready."

He noticed the light blush creeping from his neck up to his ears and whether he's hallucinating or not, he can't stop the slight soft chuckles escaping from his lips.

He hums and follows the raven to the kitchen and they eat in another session of silence. He keep stealing quick glances and aside from the firm flush of pink at the former's ears, he seems fine and all normal. Not like Naruto will admit that he, himself, is a little unusual. (Seriously, he's been out of himself for quite some time now, don't you agree?) That is something he'll want to discuss for later time.

Once they're done, they both made their way upstairs and ready to retire for the day when Sasuke reaches for his arm unsurely.

A pair of aquamarine and raven eyes met and Naruto can see the hesitation on the latter's eyes. He suddenly feel nervous.

'Is he going to talk about the kiss?'

He swallows and keep his stares at Sasuke, internally pleading that he won't hear any "How dare you kiss me?" or "Know your place." because he can't definitely handle the pain he'll feel after hearing those.

"About what happened-"

There it is.

"I-I'm sorry!" He said almost immediately and drops his head, which means leaving the addicting stares of the man holding his arm. "I.. I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself and doing something shameless to you."

"Shameless..?" The other repeated, nearly removing his hold of the man. "What do you mean?"

"I.. " didn't mean it. Is what he wanted to say but can he really lie like that? He can't. He is known for being honest but this situation requires not just a normal amount of honesty but a lot more. Anything concerning Sasuke requires every honesty he can offer.

But maybe confessing what he feels for the man will not be easy as breathing. And maybe again, he'll take it back since even breathing seems hard in this situation.

"Do you regret it?" Sasuke asked, eyes finding the other one. Saying he's nervous is an understatement.

He's afraid to hear what the other might answer, for the fact that he, indeed, treasure what just happened a couple of hours ago.

There was silence, again.

Did you not like it? Sasuke feels something breaking inside. He's not this fragile so what the hell is happening?