Chapter 18: For Real

"Sasuke/Ino." Naruto and Sai both called the people standing by the gate of the house.

'Why are they together?'  Were the same thought Ino and Naruto have at the current moment.

Naruto only came back to his senses when he felt a movement and saw that Sai is already walking away from them.

'Stay away from me.'

It is something Sai will usually say, even though the latter is the one who keeps annoying the shit out of him. But for some reason, Naruto felt like there's more to it.

A warning.

But he didn't like it. Just today, he thinks they're getting along just fine. And the man can be his friend right after saying 'thank you' genuinely yet what comes next is that sentence.

He feel something warm on his left hand and realized that Sasuke is already standing beside him, holding his hand. Looking at the raven's eyes, Naruto can already tell that he's confused and want some explanations.

"Let's go inside?" He asked the raven.

Sasuke nods and looks at Ino who's currently staring at the leaving figure of Sai.

"You should go home." Sasuke told her before leading Naruto inside the house.

"Yeah. I should." The yellow-haired girl whispers, eyes still not leaving Sai's back.

Naruto settles at the living room while Sasuke went to the kitchen to get some water. When he returned, he place the glass down on the table and the blonde took it to drink a little. The place was filled with silence for couple of seconds before Naruto put back the glass on the table.

"Are you okay?" The raven finally asked that made the other look at him. "You look troubled."

Naruto sigh and grips the pillow on the sofa lightly. "Sai said something that bothers me." He said. Sasuke's stares become a little heavy after hearing it.

The blonde then told him what happened, from getting ditch by Shikamaru and the fight he jump into. Until to the part where Sasuke and Ino saw them outside the house.

"Are you hurt?" Was the first response the blonde got from the raven. His eyes' scanning the former's arms.

Naruto wasn't able to answer immediately, a little taken back by the fact that in every suspicious things he just mentioned, the raven's first priority is to know if he's not hurt and doing okay.

"Seriously.." he shook his head, letting a quiet laugh.

Sasuke furrows his brows a little, still in the state of worrying for his fiance. "Naruto?"

"I'm perfectly fine." He answered and stand, crossing their distance and sitting beside the raven on the opposite sofa. "You're impossible." He added before resting his forehead on Sasuke's shoulder, closing his eyes.

Sasuke stares at him and smiles softly, leaning and buries his nose on the latter's soft hair. "You made me possible." He answered.

I love you.

Naruto suddenly shot his eyes open but didn't move. His heart beats frantically after realizing that his mind just whispers those three words.

Gulping down, he scoots closer and wraps his arms on Sasuke's waist and he didn't know that it's possible to feel the other's heart beat. It's racing fast as well and he can't help the little smile on his lips.

"God. You'll be the death of me." The raven whispers, circling his arms on him as well and pulling him closer. "I love you so bad."

It's overwhelming, too good to be true for Naruto. The sense of warmth being in his arms seems so familiar that it made him feel emotions he should not feel at the current moment. Longing. Sadness. A sense of emptiness surfacing on his chest, like a void that's never been filled but right now, resting with this man's arms, feels like getting back what he just lost.