Chapter 10: You Might Choke

The ride on the way was quiet and for now, I prefer it for the reason that my mind is still stuck at the parking lot. I glance at Sasuke, focused on driving and nothing unusual so I'm starting to think that maybe it's just my hallucinations. But the uneasiness won't leave me.

The car turn into a stop and we made our way inside the tall building, which for some reason, feels vaguely familiar. But I'm sure it's my first time coming here. I can't be so sure but this building seems to reach 15 floors, with glass as it's outer design, reflecting the sunlight that can hurt your eyes if stared at. It's mixed deep blue and black as its motif and a silver 3D metal carved on the top of it, "Izami".

With the sun rays touches my eyes, a flash of images played in my mind that made me close my eyes and feel a throb on my temple. I can hear the buzz of people around, a radiant smile from someone and the vague image of a tall building, standing proudly infront of me, much taller than this one- or rather I feel smaller than I currently am.

"Naruto?" Hearing my name, I opened my eyes and saw Sasuke leaning forward, staring at me with his eyes showing a bit of worry. "Are you okay?"

I nod a little and offer a smile. "The sun rays just hit my eyes."

He stares at me for a moment before nodding and leading the way.

As we enter the sliding glass door, the lineup of men in black coat welcomes us, bowing their heads as Sasuke places his right palm on my back and guides me inside. A man around 20's approaches us, or more like Sasuke, and discusses something as he hands him a black leather folder. Sasuke scans it until we reach the elevator and made our way to the 10th floor.

The floor have nothing but a hallway, two doors and a spacious living room with the transparent glass around, overlooking the entire city below. This is an ideal spot if you wanna go sight seeing or relax during the night.

A hand takes my attention from the view and guides me inside the room on the end of the hallway. The room is more spacious than the living room outside, the furnitures are mixed of black and white, walls painted with dull white as well but the lights do the work to make the room bright. Even the paintings hanged on the wall are mix of black, white and gray. A person like me can say, apparently, that this room is so boring and lifeless. There's a couch, a table that resembles a mini living room, a shelf on the side filled with books and a wide glass window again behind the office table- where a name carved on crystal name plate- "Uchiha Sasuke" and under it, "Director".

"Stay here for now. There's something I need to attend to. Press this button if you need me." He said, showing a black button on the office table. I nod slowly, still taking in all the design and visual of the room. When my sight dart on him again, he's still not making a move to leave and just stare at me.

"Sasuke? Is there something wrong?"

He shakes his head. "I'm just worried you might get bored here. I might take long."

Chuckling a little, I pats his left shoulder and smiles. "Don't worry about me. I'll wait for you."

Hearing it somewhat lighten his mood and left the room. Now that I'm all alone here, I'm starting to regret not asking if I can go out and roam around. Since there's nothing to do, I walked near the shelf and look for something that will get my interest and what a luck, I found something easily.

Between the books at the middle part of the shelf stand a red plaquette, with three black comas, one at the top and two at the bottom, circling a black dot in the middle. It's out of place in this room full of dull color- where in the vibrant red seems to yell an opposition from this room being so lifeless. Yet, that's what makes me curious. What on earth is this bloody plaquette doing in this shelf?