Chapter 9: Unusual Rise

| Uzumaki Naruto

The place is so quiet, no sound of annoying alarm clock, no sun rays from the glass window or even the usual knocks of the maids from the door that wakes me up. Somewhat, confusion is what starts my day.

I'm laying on my bed, eyes fully awake and staring at the ceiling. Beside my bed glows the blue 4:28 AM that made me sigh lightly and what's more unusual is how I subconsciously sit up and stand, walking to the glass window and peeks on the curtains hanging from the ceiling down to the floor.

As expected, it's still dark outside. I can see the vast area outside and the pitch-dark sky. I wonder what it feels outside during this hours. Maybe I'll see it for myself.

Fetching the coat from my wardrobe, I cover myself with it and left my room, closing the door carefully. Going outside excites me given the time but before I even got the chance to take another step, I stopped as I stare at the room on the other side of the hallway.

I wonder how he looks like while asleep.

The hot stares on the door came into a halt when I realized what I'm thinking and I swear I can literally feel my cheeks burning.

For damn's, Naruto. You've been losing it since yesterday and getting worse by day. Get a grip.

Although I should have known myself better, as I just found myself opening the door quietly, feeling the coldness of the door knob on my palm.

Shit.

Is this even okay? This is literally invading his personal space. But I can't stop myself.

One step.

Followed by the second.

And another.

And then another step as I finally stand within a good distance from his bed. My heart's thumping hard that it seems to get out of my chest any moment. There, at a large dark-blue bed lies the ethereal man I'm talking about just last night. I can't help but to bend down my knee and stares at his sleeping face. It looks so calm, collected as ever and handsome. But there's this tiny feeling fluttering on my stomach. He looks so at peace.. and beautiful.

I'm in no gender-based compliments but he is indeed beautiful and no one can make me take it back.

Click.

The sound of the clock startles me and I swear, I almost jump and make a loud noise.

"Gaaah-!" I quietly (as possible) winces, staring at the clock. I should probably take my leave now before any embarrassing thing happen again.

And with that, I safely made it outside his room and walks down to the living room and out of the house to be welcomed by a cold breeze. It's not that cold compare to the third quarter of the year but still enough to make me shiver a little as I hug myself.

I'm not really sure where to go so I just walk as I noticed a black van drives passed me and stopped infront of a house, two blocks away from ours. As far as I can remember, it's a newly-made house just like ours. Can it be that someone's occupying it now?

I didn't notice for how long I stand in there, staring as the van opens and spit out two people, moving boxes and putting it inside the house that confirms my hunch earlier. It's just amusing how they decided to move this early 'cause like, I won't be moving anything and doing any work at this hour and instead sleeping soundly on my room though today is definitely an unusual one.

"Naruto."

They're finally getting done when I heard a voice behind me making me turn around. There, stand Sasuke in his shirt and pants, hair's done but you can notice the slight mess on it that's probably due to moving fast and his expression that's both calm and troubled as he breathes deeply on the side.