Chapter 19: Chuunin Festival

Three consecutive knocks on the door made the eldest son of the Uchiha to raise his head from looking through the files he's reading.

Without having any permission to enter, the person behind the door welcomes himself inside the office; a small, innocent smile plastered on his lips.

"Surprised?"

Itachi widen his eyes a little, stunned to see him. The man in question made his way towards the couch and settles down comfortably.

"Shisui," Itachi called, still in disbelief. "You're back."

A hum and a light laugh proved to Itachi that the person he treat as an older brother and a best friend is in the same room as him. It's been years since the man left Japan to take care of their family business overseas.

Shisui takes something from his pocket and throws it in the air. Itachi receives it with ease.

"I heard that you're investigating about a certain underground organization." Itachi nods. "I had acquired some intel on my way back, you can look at the files inside the flash drive."

The other abide, accessing the files and viewing them one by one. He glances at his friend. "How did you get hold of these?"

"I spied some people." he answers, taking a grape from the table. "It's what I'm good at."

"That could be real dangerous. For you to get these very confidential information."

"Exactly!" Shisui laughs cooly. "Don't worry, I didn't do it just for the sake of helping you. The same organization has been stirring up troubles on small businesses in western countries so I came back to deal with them."

Itachi browse the remaining personal information of the organization's members― Akatsuki. He was not entirely surprised to see the sole female member of the ranks. It turns out that the members operate individually and was only backed my the organization for the crimes they commit. When one died, they will be replaced. That easy.

He stares at two profiles intently, reading the recent activities they been into.

"Do you mind me sharing these to Sasuke?" he asked, looking at Shisui.

The latter shrugs. "I don't mind. Besides, we don't really need to hide it from your family. Or to other business owners here."

Once he got the permission, he copied the files and put it into another flashdrive. Kakuzu, the thief. The one who commit embezzlement from the branch of their company that Sasuke was handling. And Hidan, the murderer. He committed a mass murder at Yoshida Shrine, a month back.

"Speaking of Sasuke, how's he doing? I don't think I need to ask about you since you're looking just fine." Shisui asked, looking at the family portrait hanging by the wall.

"Sasuke has been doing fine, you know him. But right now, he got so much in his plate especially that it concerns his fiancè's safety."

"Naruto, if I'm right?" Itachi hums in confirmation. "I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised that your parents thought of marriage as a way to secure a life."

"It was a bit hasty at the beginning." Itachi remembers the sudden escalation of spies surrounding their family. And he bet, to the Namikaze too. "But the Uchihas and Namikazes have been allied for generations and it will be safe to have the heirs together."

"Don't you think it's more of a temptation towards trouble? They'll hit two birds in one stone." Shisui counters, raising a brow to the former.

Itachi chuckles, "That is if they hit them."