Chapter 34

Nuallan trotted below her his head steady as they approached the black gate. Farren was dressed in Gondorian armour for the first time, a silver helm on her head in the shape of a tiara. She was dressed for battle, but the crown was intended to drawn further attention to the siblings. To who they were.

Pippen and Merry rode behind her next to Legolas and Gandalf while Aragorn rode beside her at the head of the column. The black gate loomed above them, whispers already filling Farren's head. They stopped ahead of the gate, but there were no guards on the battlements, silence tumbled around them in a teasing dance.

"Where are they?" Pippen asked. Farren spurred Nuallan forwards with Arod and Aragorn towards the base of the gates. Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Eomer, Pippen and Merry followed.

"Let the lord of the black land come forth. Let justice be done upon him." Aragorn yelled.

Farren felt a shift in the ground, a presence in her mind before Aragorn had even finished speaking. A loud sound of gears filled the air and the gates slowly began to swing open. Legolas's hand drifted to the small of her back. Rows upon rows or orcs marched towards them.

"Pull back. Pull back!" Aragorn commanded and the other did so but Farren remained rooted to her spot as the Great eyes fixed upon her. "Nuallan!" Aragorn yelled and the horse turned back and retreated with the rest of their party, but Farren remained ridged, she could feel cold hands caressing her mind.

She pushed at the icy hands, forcing them away from her as they approached their own army that seemed to tremble with fear as the orcs began to surround them. Farren didn't blame them, this was not a battle on their terms, this was a slaughter.

She and Aragorn remained in front of the army, "Hold your ground!" She yelled out, drawing her sword from its sheath strapped on her back, her hands gripping the hilt tightly only twinging slightly in the still grey skin. "Sons of Gondor. Of Rohan. My brothers," she galloped up and down the line, Nuallan perfectly in sync with her commands. "I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me."

Aragorn took over, creating a united pair against the armies of Mordor. "A day may come when the courage of men fails. When we forsake all bonds and breaks the ties of fellowship. But it is not this day!" Aragorn's voice seemed to echo in the air, "An hour of wolves and shields when the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight!"

"By all that you hold dear. On this good earth. I bid you stand!" Farren raised her voice, never had she allowed it to be so loud, but Farren was finished with being silent, finished with hiding, finished with whispers from the shadows. She was the Queen of Gondor.

"Men of the West!" She yelled raising her blade catching the light from the Great Eyes.

All around men drew their blades shouting in agreement. As Farren slid smoothly off Nuallan, whispering final words to him.

"Come to me." Whispered the dark voice in her head, "Bow to me. You are mine!" Sauron's honey words trickled into her brain.

"I am not a prize. I am a Queen." She growled back, solid walls shooting up in her mind, forcing that dark presence out of her head. Aragorn turned to her his sword also raised.

"For Frodo." He said before both of them took off towards the army of orcs. Two tiny yells told Farren that the two loyal hobbits had followed first and then a great uproar signaled the rest of their army's advance.

The two armies collided in a whirl of iron and steel, Farren ducked and wove, her blade flashing in the golden light. She lost Aragorn in the chaos, but she didn't look for him, they were capable apart. An orc came at her and she caught his blade with hers, her right hand suddenly burnt with pain making her flinch. She twisted away from it and sliced its head off.