I Promise

[3rd Person POV]

"She's dead."

"O-Oh no... I-I'm so s-sorry...I didn't m-mean too..." Her lips trembling in regret.

(Y/N) gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's alright, I already moved on from it."

"B-But I..."

"You didn't know at all, so it's not your fault." 

(Y/N) puts his hand on top of her head to try to calm her down.

"After she passed away, it gives me more motivation to become champion. I made a promise to her.

3 years ago

"Mom! Dad is fighting next!" A much younger (Y/N) yelling as he still got his eye on the TV.

"I'm coming dear!" a tall and slender young woman with shoulder-length black hair quickly comes to (Y/N). She sits beside him on the couch.

(Author-kun: Her name is Nico Robin from One Piece

(Author-kun: Her name is Nico Robin from One Piece.)

It was fight day, Junichi will defend his belt in the main event. It's his 7th title defense and 8th title fight. (Y/N) is nervous about this fight, he is his biggest fan. His mother notices it, she chuckles to see his son nervous for his father.

"(Y/N)-kun, don't you believe in your father?" She said it with a teasing tone.

(Y/N) looked at her like he is offended.

"Of course I do! He is the G.O.A.T!!" (Y/N) said it with no hesitation, he will always believe in his father. even if he loses, he will still support him.

"Well if it makes you feel better, your dad told me something."

"What did he say?" A curious (Y/N).

"He told me that you don't have to worry, he will win anyway."

"Wow, dad is so confident!"

"He told me he will dance before his fight because he said to me he can beat him anyway. So he wants to have fun." (Y/N)'s mom chuckles.

"That's so cool!" (Y/N)'s mom can see sparkles generating from (Y/N)'s eyes.

"Hey look, it's your dad!" She points at the TV. (Y/N) shuts up and watches with excitement.

After Junichi's opponent went to the octagon cage, Junichi appeared on TV.

 Junichi dances and keeps yelling let's go out of excitement.

(Y/N)'s mother laughs because his dance looked funny while (Y/N) screams out of hype at the TV.

After all that, Junichi is now in the octagon cage with his opponent. The two fighters are now being introduced by the organization's announcer. 

After the announcer introduced Junichi's opponent, it was time for Junichi's introduction.

"And now introducing the champion, fighting out of the red corner! He is a mixed martial artist. Holding an undefeated, 26 wins and no losses. He stands six feet tall, weighing in at 170 pounds. Fighting out of Nagoya, Japan! Presenting the reigning, defending, undisputed MMA Welterweight champion of the world! Junichi "The Monster" Shoyo!!" The announcer introduced him with style to hype the fans around the world. 

(Y/N) was screaming like a fanboy, his mother took a sneaky picture of him, he's just so cute!

The fight just started, His opponent is swinging haymakers already, punches with great force. Junichi can tell his opponent wants to knock him out.

But unfortunately for the opponent, Junichi isn't a champion for nothing.

With full force, Junichi front kicked him in the face. The opponent falls from the dizziness of that kick. The referee still didn't stop the fight, Junichi forced himself to hit his opponent two more times until the referee waves his hands, signaling the fight is over.

(Y/N) and his mom joyfully cheered when Junichi won the fight.

The boss of the organization puts the gold belt around Junichi's waist.

Junichi was then being interviewed. Asking questions about how does it feel after the kick, feelings after the fight, etc.

Suddenly Junichi made a shout-out during the interview.

"Shout out to the most beautiful woman in the world, Yuriko, I love you baby." Junichi blows a kiss on the camera.

(Y/N)'s mother, also known as Yuriko, blushed when she was called the most beautiful woman while the world is watching.

(Y/N) notices it as he grins.

"Mom, you are blushing! Shishishi." (Y/N) with a cute little laugh.

"Oh, shush, you." Yuriko chuckles.

Junichi made another shout-out, but this time, it's his son.

"(Y/N), so you wanna be a fighter huh? Surpass your limits! Even if you think you might lose, you'll be fine as long you don't give up! Surpass your limits. Then a path will be open for you. Don't save anything. Give it all you got." Junichi then salutes at the camera.

Yuriko looks at her son with concern.

"Are you sure you want to be a fighter?"

"Of course! Is there something wrong?"

"It's just that...I don't want you to get hurt, that is all."

"Don't worry mom! I'll train myself to not get hit." (Y/N) chuckles

"Okay then..."

"When I win the world title, will you watch me?"

"Of course sweetie, I promise.

"Yay!"

"So you better work hard."

"Of course! I'll surpass dad!"

"I'll support you no matter what." She headpats (Y/N).

"Thanks!"

"Would you like to have carbonara for lunch?"

"Yes please!"

________________________________________________

I apologize if this chapter seems uninteresting because I know some of you are not MMA fans.

I'll try to spice things up in the next chapters.

Feel free to criticize me so I'll improve.

Thanks for reading this chapter!