Don't Leave Me

[3rd Person POV]

3 years ago...

After several weeks after Junichi's fight. 

Yuriko was hospitalized.

They were in a room, Yuriko was on the hospital bed, while (Y/N) is beside her as he is clutching her hand. 

"Y-You're g-going to be a-alright, right...?" (Y/N)'s lips are trembling with emotions, he is crying. He didn't expect that his mom would be admitted to the hospital.

He doesn't want to lose his mother.

"Why are you crying for? I'm going to be alright." Yuriko chuckles as her son was clutching her hand, it looks like he doesn't want to let her go.

"I just don't want you to leave me..."

"Why would I leave you, you are the best son I could have ever asked for." Yuriko gives him a reassuring smile.

"I-I just..."

"You want to be a world champion, right?" Yuriko tries to change the subject, she hated seeing her son crying. No mother would ever want to make their child sad.

"Y-Yeah...I do..."

"Well, I'm excited about the future, I'll have a son who will be a future champion!" Yuriko tries her best to cheer her son up. 

"Y-Yeah...but..."

...

...

...

"How could I ever be champion if you're not there!" (Y/N) cried even harder.

It shocked Yuriko, she didn't expect this.

She hated it. She hated seeing her son like this.

She wanted her son to stop crying, It makes her heart ache.

She wanted to cry right now, but she couldn't, she wants to be strong for her son.

Of course, she does cry but prefers not to do so in front of her son. She doesn't want her son to see her vulnerable and wants to stand strong for (Y/N). 

"(Y/N)-kun?"

"Y-Yes?" 

"Can you come to this bed, your mom wants cuddles."

With no hesitation, he quickly went to the bed beside her. He instantly hugs his mother. He was crying on her shoulder. Yuriko was ruffling his hair.

"How many times would I have to tell you, I'm not going anywhere." Yuriko chuckles.

(Y/N) didn't say anything as he tightens his hug. 

They went on for several minutes, Yuriko notices he wasn't crying anymore. (Y/N) was sleeping beside her. 

Yuriko is happy that she is with her son now.

She doesn't want to leave him and she doesn't want him to leave her either.

It was perfect for her, she just wanted to bond with her son.

Yuriko became sleepy, the mother and son went on to sleep as they snuggle up to each other.

It's been hours, suddenly the door was open, it woke Yuriko because she is a light sleeper.

The one who entered was none other than the love of her life, Junichi Shoyo.

It made Yuriko happy that two of her favorite people is in the same room as her.

Junichi went to Yuriko and the sleeping (Y/N).

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, honey, I'm just here spending time with our son." Yuriko giggles.

"That's good."

"Honey?" 

"Yes, Yuriko?"

"I'm scared..."

Junichi went closer to her out of concern. "At what?"

"I'm scared that I'll be getting surgery later..."

"Don't worry, this hospital is top class."

"I see, that's good..."

"Are you really sure that you're alright?" Junichi is showing signs of worrying.

"Yes, honey, I'm fine." Yuriko chuckles at his husband, she loves it when her husband cares for her.

Like father, like son, they care for the same person.

"Also, I think (Y/N)-kun should go home now, he's been here for hours since you brought him here."

"I see, alright then." Junichi went to the sleeping (Y/N) as he lightly shakes him to try to wake him up.

"Sweetie, wake up, you have to go home now." Yuriko with a soft voice.

Finally (Y/N) wakes up, he saw both of his parents in front of him.

"It's time to go home now, (Y/N), let's go."

"O-Oh, okay then." (Y/N) gets out of the bed.

"(Y/N)-kun."

"Yes, mom?"

"Thank you for loving me."

Those were the last words (Y/N) will ever hear from his mother.