Love Her, Love Him

[3rd Person POV]

It's been three days since the incident.

"Dad, why are you still here?" (Y/N) is seen laying on a hospital bed.

"Is there a problem?" Junichi is seen beside the bed as he sits on a chair.

"It's that you're fine already, no broken bones unlike me. Go home, take a shower, or sleep or something..."

"Son..." Junichi sighs. "Do you remember the last time we were in this hospital?"

(Y/N) widens his eyes as he remembered something. 

(Y/N)'s mother, Junichi's wife, Yuriko, was last seen alive, in this hospital.

(Y/N) looks down as he feels saddened as he remembers his last moments with his mother at this hospital.

"Son, I'm sorry for reminding you but I just don't like this pattern, this place haunts me. (Y/N), the last thing I want is to lose you as well, I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lose you too." 

"Dad, It's just a broken ankle, It's not life-threatening or anything." (Y/N) said it after with an awkward laugh.

"Maybe I am just overreacting...maybe..."

"..."

"I guess, I... I'm afraid..." At the end, (Y/N) heard his father's voice cracked in the end.

It surprised (Y/N) when he heard it.

Junichi's eyes says it all, he is on the verge of tears now.

Someone once said, 'The eyes tells more than words could ever say.'

The person he always perceived as strong and unbreakable is showing emotion and it hurts (Y/N) so much on the inside.

Junichi realizes he is getting emotional. He did a fake cough, he wanted to change the topic and atmosphere since things right now are awkward and serious between the father and the son.

He doesn't want to be emotional in front of his son.

"Anyway, the doctor told me you'll be discharged tomorrow."

"I see, that's very nice."

"Since you're obviously not gonna walk with that ankle, you'll be on crutches for a while."

"I see, It's probably gonna be easy to do that."

"Actually...I heard people who are new to crutches said they are not a very pleasing experience."

"It doesn't matter, I'll get better with time, I guess..."

"Also, son, you were planning to confess to Ichika at the festival, right?"

"Oh yeah..." 

"Did you told Ichika what happened?"

"No...not yet, at least."

"Why not?"

"I don't want her to worry about me, that's all."

"I see, then tell me, what is your relationship with Ichika-kun?"

"A friend." (Y/N) said this because that's their current status of his relationship with Ichika, for now. He wanted to say something else but it's all Truck-kun's fault. Their current status in their relationship would probably be different but unfortunately for (Y/N), Truck-kun wanted to isekai him.

Would Ichika have accepted or rejected his confession?

"Are you friend zoning her or are you friend zoning yourself?" Junichi raised an eyebrow.