Chapter 4

Dimentio's POV

I sat in my cell. Waiting. I knew Luigi probably would chicken out. No way he'd be able to pull something like this. I waited, and waited, and waited. Until two D-men approached my cell.

They opened my cell and tied my hands together. I smiled. "Oooh, are we going on a field trip?" The D-men remained silent, and led me along.

This was exciting. Had Luigi really come through? 

Third Person POV

Luigi watched as two D men brought Dimentio out. They  undid his wrists and shoved him towards Luigi. Luigi nervously looked down at him. Dimentio was smiling an evil little smile. Luigi shuttered. No turning back now. Dimentio grabbed his shoulders, floated up behind him, and chuckled, "Well, it's been fun. I'd say I'm going to miss you all, but I don't particularly enjoy lying. Ciao~!" He snapped his fingers, and they both teleported away.

Peach looked over at Queen Jades in disbelief. "Did Luigi just-" Queen Jades turned around. "You need to warn the land above of the two criminals on the loose. We have no idea what they're going to do."

Flashback: DIMENTIO POV

I heard that Nastasia was able to get the Man in Green. Good, I counted on it. I debated teleporting him away and saving him just like I did with Bowser and the Princess, but something stopped me. Maybe it would be smarter to keep him with us for a while, then return him to the heroes later. Perhaps I could fake his death, that way the count would never see it coming and I could still have their trust. I had everything planned out. No one would suspect me. I would not fail. My perfect world depended on it. Everything was on my shoulders. Without me, all worlds would be left in ruin.

"Dimentio! I need you to help get our new Minion in training settled, K?" Nastasia asked me. I groaned. I didn't want to waste my precious time on this. I knew he would never stand a chance against the heroes anyway. Why should I waste my time on him if I was going to eventually just dispose of him? Nastasia gave me a glare, so I agreed, and showed the guy to his room.

"Greetings. I am Dimentio, Count Bleck's Master of Dimensions and Pleaser of Crowds," I told him. He smirked. "You look like a clown." I rolled my eyes and ignored his little remark. I'd argue, but I really didn't care what he thought of me. He'd die anyway. Plus, who uses 'clown' as an insult? "This is where you'll be staying during your time at Castle Bleck. When we meet you will go down the hall and into that big room." I looked back at him. 

"Nastasia didn't tell me your name." He looked around his new room, before answering. "I was told it's Mr. L." I laughed. "Mr. L?  What does L stand for, loser?" He glared back. "Hey! It stands for...." He stopped to think about it. I smiled and floated to the door. "My room is down to the right of yours. Please don't disturb me. Ciao, Mr. L~!"

I knew what the L stood for. It stood for Luigi, and I think he knew that. He just didn't want to say it. I asked Nastasia about him later. She said that with the brainwashing, he would still know who Luigi was, but he wouldn't be Luigi. She said it was like they were two different people. An alter ego, if you will. He would be almost fearless, unlike Luigi, who was scared of everything. He was composed of all of the thoughts and feelings Luigi pushed to the back of his mind. But that didn't mean he was only those thoughts. He was still a human, capable of growing and experiencing emotions.

Time went on. Mr. L had just got back from his first weak attempt at confronting the heroes.  I looked into L's room and saw him fixing up his big, dumb robot. "Ah ha ha, did the heroes mess up your mechanical brother?'' Mr. L seemed slightly shocked to see me, but then just rolled his eyes and got back to his machine. "No! I was simply scouting them. I let them win!" I nodded. "Sure, sure." He scoffed back at me. "With the new updates I'm making to this baby, I'll be sure to stop them!" I rolled my eyes.