Chapter 11

Daisy POV

"No. NO! I don't want to get tangled up in this. I'm done chasing this fairytale. That's why I gave you two the scrolls." Dimentio was smiling a childish smile. "Please. WE can't go. It'll be easy. You just have to silently strike like a sly fox preparing to pounce on it's prey." I rolled my eyes. "Are the similes necessary?" He nodded. "Yes. Yes they are. They help me make my point."

"No. I've already helped you enough. I'm not going to break into the QUEEN OF THE UNDERWHERE'S palace just to steal you a key." "COME ON, WE NEED YOU TO DO THIS! WHO ELSE CAN WE TRUST?" I froze.

They trusted me?

He calmed himself, smile fading. Then looked down at Luigi.

"Please. You have to do this. He needs this key. Do it for him."

Luigi looked so peaceful. Like a sleeping child. Something about him was so...I don't know. Pure, innocent. I'm not sure what it was, but he made me feel like I needed to help him. Maybe because he was one of the first people who showed trust in me. He trusted me not to hurt him when we first met.

Dimentio looked up. I could see that stupid smile creeping back onto his face. He knew I was wavering. That sly clown. Did Luigi have this effect on everyone?? Why did I feel this way?

"Ugh, FINE! I'll get this stupid key."

Dimentio smiled a big smile. "Excellent! I knew you'd come around!" He then lifted Luigi, supporting him with his right shoulder. "My magic has been temporarily disabled, but once it's back I should be able to teleport us there. In the meantime, let's find some cover and come up with a plan." I ran over and helped him support Luigi on the opposite side. "Okay. Let's go over there. The vegetation is very thick so if people pass through it'll be hard for them to see us."

We kneeled down in the bushes. He brushed some dirt off his weird outfit. "Why do you dress like that?" I asked him. He smirked. "The real question is, why DON'T you dress like this?" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. What's your plan?" He looked away. "Working on that. Getting you there shouldn't be an issue. I can just teleport you in and out with the snap of my fingers." He snapped his fingers to show me, teleporting me about two feet in the air, causing me to fall back down. "Oww, okay. Got it. You don't have to do that." He laughed. "Ah ha ha~! Sorry, couldn't resist." I glared. "Okay, go on."

"Right. Since I won't be there with you, I won't really be able to be there to know when to teleport you out, I think I'm gonna give you a time frame." Ugh. I hate time frames. "Uhh, okay. How much time will I get?"

"Well, looking at the scroll, the key is located in Queen Jades' private room. I think I can teleport you just outside her palace. You'll just need to scale up the north side, since the south side is heavily guarded. The only open entrance is her bedroom window." I rolled my eyes. "Can't you just teleport me inside? That would be so much easier." He glared at me. "Oh, gee, I never thought of that." I crossed my arms, detecting the sarcasm. He sighed. "There are specific things in the Underwhere that I can't teleport in and out of, such as the prison at the bottom of the river, and the castle." I nodded in understanding. "Ahh. I see. Okay, so I just get in, scale up, and get the key. How long do I have?"

He shrugged. "How long will you need. We want to give you enough time, but if we give you to much time we could risk you getting caught. The quicker the better." I sighed. "Okay. Well scaling the wall could take a while without the right supplies-" He immediately snapped his fingers and handed me a grappling hook. "There. Better?"

Whoa. He can just...do that? "Whoa. Yes! This is perfect! You can just do that? Why don't you do it with the keys?" He crossed his arms. "Again. There are certain places I can't teleport. That includes grabbing items." I scratched the back of my head. "Right. I knew that. Sorry. My head isn't quite in the right place today."