Part 2, Chapter 16

Third Person POV

Varian ran, faster and faster. "Gotta hurry, gotta say goodbye." He whispered, out of breath from the sprinting.

He burst inside and immediately set up the gun so it was aimed at Mario.

"Okay okay okay, light purple trigger. Three two one GO!"

The kid was doing his best to rush. He didn't have much time and he wanted to see Mr. L again, one last time.

A light purple light shot out of the gun and at Mario. 

Some of the color returned to the man in red's face. Varian's eyes went wide. "It's working..." He whispered.

Mario began to stumble forward. "Whoa!"

Varian ceased fire and placed the gun back onto his back. "MARIO!"

He quickly ran up and hugged him tightly. Mario was somewhat confused. "What....kid? Are you alright?! Whoa....when did you get so tall?!" Varian let him go and grabbed his shoulders. "I don't have time to explain. I have to say goodbye. Mario, listen carefully. You have to find Luigi, okay. Find Luigi as fast as you can. I gotta go."

Varian turned and started sprinting off. "Thanks for everything, Mario! Please don't forget me!"

He sprinted as fast as he could for that hill. He pulled out the radio. "Mr. L? Mr. L! I freed him! On my way back." 

There was no response on the other end.

Mr. L POV

That girl seemed way to excited to see me.

How'd she know my name? I don't recall telling her. Maybe she's heard of me.

Luigi tried attacking, using his thunderhand, but I activated mine as well and was able to deflect the attack.

"Okay, you have the weird electricity thing. Can I at least have my sword?" She asked. I chuckled. "Why? I'm clearly better with it. Though, I gotta admit, that move you did when you deflected the lightning was pretty impressive."

She gave me a somewhat sarcastic smile. "Thanks. Now, my sword." She asked, holding out her hand. I sighed and threw it back to her. Then turned to Luigi.

His staff was still glowing. I shuddered knowing that it was some innocent person's soul.

"Luigi! Stop! You know this is wrong!"

"I don't care."

He summoned his thunderhand once again. "I don't care how many people I have to sacrifice. I've come this far. You don't know what it's like to have lost someone. You don't know what it's like, to do anything to get them back."

I shook my head. "You think I've never lost anyone?! Luigi, snap out of this!" He shook his head, then held out his hands, preparing to strike. I could see the lightning charge up as anger filled his once innocent face. This was going to be a powerful shot.

"Please stop talking," He whispered.

I held up my hands to try to shield myself from his blast, when a green light flashed.

But I wasn't hit.

"What?" Luigi said. I looked over to see the kid standing behind him, holding up the gun. "L-leave Mr. L alone."

I smiled a big smile. "Nice shot, kid!"

Luigi looked down at his hands. "What the heck was that?!" He desperately tried summoning his thunderhand again, but it wouldn't work. He glared back at Varian. "You just HAD to get back in the way. You know what....it doesn't even matter. You've got about....five minutes I'd say."