Part 2, Chapter 11

Dimentio POV

I woke up to Daisy hugging me tightly, like a child cuddling a teddy bear while at the doctor's office.

"Ummm, you can stop that now." I muttered.

I yawned and got up. "Well I'm starved." I snapped my fingers, bringing us some food. She gave me a smile. "Oh, how I've missed this."

She started messily eating. I, on the otherhand, had class. I summoned a plate and some utensils. I eat like a civilized person.

"So," She started, her mouth still full of food. "What are we gonna do about Luigi?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full. I can't understand a word you just said." She gave me a condescending look. "You heard me....."

I sighed. "We...... need to take that book from him. That's really it." She nodded. "I agree. The problem is finding him."

That's not the problem. I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about what would happen to him when I took that book. 

"Well, you saw him not long ago, correct?" She nodded. "Yep. Boy, let me tell you, he's changed so much. His whole innocent vibe, gone. When I saw him, he had more of this, 'I'm rude but I'm also full of myself and I'm so mysterious' vibe. Ya know?" I shrugged. "Ummm, sure....."

She sighed. "But after that, it was like he just disappeared. I couldn't find him anywhere!"

"Did you check the Mushroom Kingdom?" I asked. She scoffed. "Yeah, obviously. That's the first place I looked dum dum." She ruffled my hair, causing me to hiss and pull my hood up.

"Well, when did you last check?" She shrugged. "I dunno. Like, a few months ago. I went straight there after he ran off. I quickly scanned, then left. I don't want any of those Mushrooms capturing me and turning me in or something. Plus, I kinda figured he'd avoid it since he's wanted."

I slapped the back of her head. "You idiot, that's where his brother is you dim-wit. His brother was his whole reason for getting the book in the first place! And you 'quickly scanned' it?? Ugh, you're about as sharp as a bowling ball." 

Her eyes softened and she smiled a warm smile. "Awww, I've missed your unnecessary similes." I froze, then shook my head in astonishment. "Wait wait wait, you missed MY similes?! Ah ha ha ha! I knew you loved them!" She lightly laughed and shook her head. "Alright, alright, don't flatter yourself. I said I missed them, not that I loved them." I smirked before moving the conversation along. "Anyways, since his brother is in the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi will likely be there too. So if we want to find him, I feel like that would be our best bet."

She nodded. "Okay, okay. But....you're highly wanted in the Mushroom Kingdom. I probably am as well, since they saw me helping you guys AND they may recognize me." I nodded. "Right. I forgot that you were that princess," I bowed, "Your highness." She pushed me aside. "Stop that."

I laughed, then continued. "Anyways, I agree. It will be important to be discreet. Plus, I'll need time to figure something out." She cocked her head to the side. "What do you need to figure out?"

I waved my hand, trying to put her at ease. "Taking the book will be very difficult, I just need to figure out the best way to do so without causing anyone harm."

That was the truth. Just not the full truth. I had to make time to figure out how to take the book without killing Luigi. 

She lied back. "Cool. Cool. I'll give you time to think."

......."Did ya figure it out yet?" She asked. I shook my head. "No. It's been ten seconds, Daisy."

She smiled. "Alright, alright......how about now?" I shoved her aside. "This, isn't helping."