Chapter 15

Dimentio POV

Luigi was really happy. He got the last key. He grabbed my hand and we started making our way back. He wouldn't stop talking about how exciting this was.

I hated that last room. The terrified look on Luigi's face when we fought Super Dimentio. It only reminded me of everything I've done. And even worse, it probably reminded Luigi of everything I've done. I hope he knows that I wont do it again.

I wont do it again, right?

Ugh. Why was I feeling so conflicted? I guess it's because I didn't want to say goodbye to him. I've thought about asking him if I could stay once he freed Mario....but they'd never accept me. Mario hates me for what I've done to Luigi. Not to mention everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom. 

I don't even know what's going to happen once this ends. Luigi seems to only care about freeing Mario, but what about after that? We're both wanted. He won't be able to show his face back home without someone trying to turn him in. 

At least I'll hopefully have L. 

And that's another thing. I don't know if I'm ready to see L again. He might still have hard feelings, not that I blame him.

Life had just gotten so simple. I was use to being on the run with Luigi and Daisy. I don't want to to end yet.....but everything has to end eventually. I was foolish to let my guard down and get this attached.

....But I'm glad I did.

Being out here with Luigi, it actually makes me happy.

He actually makes me happy. Just like L did. Only now I realize that. 

Why did I have to blow L up?? Why did I only realize how happy he made me once he was gone?

"Dimentio?" Luigi asked me. I looked up at him. "Are you...okay? You look deep in thought." Ah, Luigi was giving me that concerned look. He was so good at checking up on everyone. Always putting others first. "Yeah. I'm good. Just, excited about having all four keys." "Oh. Well, you don't sound very excited." I laughed. "Please. I'm as excited as a child on Christmas morning."

He smiled and shook his head at my simile. I looked forward. We made our way back though the Maze. I had basically memorized where we came from, so getting back was not a problem. We made our way to Daisy.

She was still holding back toad guards. Only one remained. I chuckled. "You're still fighting them??"

Daisy was sweating. The toad she was fighting seemed to be a female, and the captain of that toad team. She was holding Daisy down on the ground as she spoke into a small device. It looked like a radio. "Backup! Requesting backup! I have eyes on the man and the clown!"

I crossed my arms. "We have names you know. How rude of you not to use them." Daisy rolled her eyes. "GUYS, HELP ME OUT WILL YA?"

The toad captain pushed Daisy aside, and headed towards me. "I was never told your names. I'm Toadette, and I'm placing you two under arrest under the Order of Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom." Luigi and I exchanged glances, before I burst out laughing. "Oh yeah? You and what army?" She clenched her fists. "I am the leader of the Princess's army. I don't need anyone else to take a bunch of criminals down." 

She pulled out a taser. Luigi began to sweat nervously. The last time he was hit with one, it knocked him out for a while. Daisy quickly scrambled up and stepped in front of him, causing Toadette to laugh. "Don't worry, I was informed not to cause harm to the man. This is for the clown." She looked at me.

In this room my magic was already being limited, so why did she feel the need to even use this. I stepped back. Last time the taser knocked out my magic for a really long time. Who knew how long it would be out if I got hit again. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's put the taser down. No need to use it. I can't even use my magic in here!"