Part 2, Chapter 12

Mr. L POV

"Mr. L, what are you doing?" The kid asked me one morning, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes. We've been working on redesigning the weapon using all the broken parts.

"Well, I'm glad you've asked. Originally, the only function on this gun was the whole soul capturing trigger, but I believe you could be doing so much more! I've rewired a few things and added a few features."

I had been working on this all night. He kneeled down and took a look.

"Wow, you're really good. I would have never thought of doing all this!" I smiled and shrugged. "You have to always look to make your projects the best they can be. Why create a whole bunch of different items with one use, when you can create one big machine that does it all!" He nodded. "Makes sense. So, what are the new features?"

I stood up and slung the gun over my shoulder. "Well, Mr. SmartAndHandy, I'm glad you asked. Now, originally, your weapon fired one shot. The light purple beam which would freeze someone and contain their soul. I took that feature, and modified it. Now, your original feature is still there, but I've added a separate trigger for the new stuff. And, don't worry. We hopefully won't have to use them, but check it out." I aimed the gun for a tree.

"Dark purple can disorient an enemy. They won't be harmed, but it's enough to simply throw them off." I fired at the tree to show him. The tree was completely unaffected.

"Light blue will slow them down temporarily." I switched my finger over to another trigger and fired again. The tree still remained unaffected.

"And lastly, I am aware Luigi has a certain attack. Thunderhand. If you hit him with green, it will specifically take his ability to do that single move away for a short period of time."

I handed the gun over to him and walked out in front of him.

"Now, I've worked out all the kinks with all the colors except Green. So, I'm going to have YOU test it on me."

The kid's eyes went wide. "Umm, what? Are you sure this is a good idea?"

I nodded. "Yes. Don't worry. It won't hurt me. None of my added features will cause any real harm. And besides, who else are we gonna test it on? I hate to break it to you, but me and Luigi are the only two with that power, and I don't think Luigi would be willing to let us test this on him. " 

He let out a shaky breath. "O-okay. As long as it won't hurt you....."

He closed one eye and aimed it for me. I nodded. "I promise. It won't hurt me."

I could see the fear in his eyes. I know it must feel hard for him to pull the trigger on that gun again, considering the fact that he feels responsible for what happened to Mario, but this feature could be very important. I added it was so Luigi wouldn't be able to hurt the kid in case we ran into him.

".....One....two....three!"

His finger pulled on the green trigger. A concentrated line of green shot towards me, hitting me square in the chest. I stumbled backwards ever so slightly, but felt no pain.

He ceased fire and looked over at me. "A-are you okay?!"

I nodded. "Yeah. I barely even felt anything."

I lifted my hand to summon my thunderhand, happy to see that I couldn't.

I smiled. "Looks like it worked....."

Third Person POV

"THERE! THERE HE IS!"

Tod, the small yellow Toad pointed at Dimentio. His squad was back up behind him. He had notified the Captain of his find, but unfortunately she was stuck over in the Mushroom Kingdom and couldn't get over here. So it looked like it was up to him. This was his chance to prove what he was capable of.