Part 2, Chapter 6 "Dreams Pt. 2"

Mr. L POV

"Perfect world...." I mumbled.

I began to frown.

That couldn't be right.

This wasn't real.

"Why do you frown?" Dimentio asked me. I looked back up at him.

"Because. This isn't real. You aren't really here. You're gone. I'll never see you again."

He gave my hands a squeeze, then let go and cupped my face in them.

"You see me now."

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut. "But it's not real. None of this is."

"So?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He wiped a tear from my cheek. I hadn't even realized I was crying. "So what if it isn't real?"

He floated up and kissed my forehead.

I stood completely frozen, processing what he just did. Was he messing with me?

Then he pulled away and turned around. "I think you're about to wake up."

It took me a second to actually understand what he said. I had an incredibly late reaction. "......What? No! Wait!"

He chuckled. "Don't worry. I won't go anywhere."

The world started to fade to darkness. I tried running towards him, but couldn't move my legs.

"Ciao, L."

He started fading away. "No! Dim! Wait!"

He turned to face me again. He smiled at me.

I could feel tears on my face. "Dim, Please. Don't leave."

He bowed his head, then faded away.

"Mr. L, wake up!"

"GAH!" I shot up. Varian was leaning over me, hands on my shoulders. "A-are you okay? You were crying in your sleep! I was worried."

A dream. Of course it was a dream. I know it's ridiculous, but a small part of my really hoped it wasn't.

I brushed his hands off my shoulders and shrugged. "Yes, yes. I'm fine." He let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, good. I was worried you were in pain or something." I smiled, trying to put the kid at ease. "Nah, I'm fine. Thanks for caring kid."

The kid went back over to his side of the room.

My mind was just being cruel to me. It was just showing me something I could never have.

"So what if it isn't real?"

It hurt that it wasn't real. It could never be real. First of all, even if Dimentio was alive, and even if he succeeded and got his perfect world, it wouldn't have looked like that. He wanted to be the king of all worlds. He wouldn't have been satisfied with that. And he definatly wouldn't have kissed my forehead. He wouldn't act like that. I don't even know if he ever cared about me at all. It's very likely that he just pretended to be my friend to use me for his plan back then.

My mind was just taking something that could never be and dangling it in front of my face, taunting me.

And yet, the next night I saw it again.

Once I drifted off, we were in the same spot yet again.

"I see you've returned." Dimentio said, facing away from me.