Chapter 16 "Trust"

Third Person POV

It took Dimentio a whole week this time to get his magic back. It was pretty concerning. "Each time I get hit, it increases the amount of time I go without Magic. Who knows how long it'll be if I get hit again," Dimentio explained. Luigi tried keeping a good attitude. "Well, then we'll just have to make sure you don't get hit!"

Normally, it would be a seventeen mile walk through the snow, up a mountain, to get to where they needed to go. But luckily for them, Dimentio could just teleport them to the entrance. The end was near. Their journey was almost over.

Once they got to the entrance, Luigi walked up to Daisy. "When I get this book, I can only get a few pages, so what was your reason to search for this book? I need to know." Daisy just smiled and shrugged. "It's not important to me anymore. I don't need it."

Daisy POV

It's funny. A few years ago that was all I could think about. Getting ahold of that book, fixing my mistakes. But now... I didn't care. I just wanted Luigi happy. No need to make him grab an extra page.

Luigi nodded and took all the keys, starting to unlock the door. Dimentio teleported behind me and whispered in my ear. "Hey, you said you'd tell me what it was you wanted." I rolled my eyes and pushed him aside. "It doesn't matter."

He gave me this look. "If you don't tell me, I'll tell Luigi you like him." Oh, WOW. Now that was rude. 

"Okay, fine. Just don't tell anyone." He smiled. "My lips are sealed." I let out a sigh. "Well, at first I wanted it to help put Sarasaland back on it's feet. But then the Kingdom completely fell because of the Princess, so I wanted something that could erase everyone's memory." Dimentio chuckled. "Really? That's what you wanted? How would erasing the memories of that event benefit you....unless...." I put my hand over his mouth. "Shh, please don't tell him."

Luigi was still working on the door, not paying attention to us. Dimentio stepped back. "Oh my Grambi, you're that Princess. The one who-" I shushed him. "Shh, he'll hear you!" He nodded. "So why'd you stop caring?" I shrugged. "I kinda accepted my fate once I got ahold of that first key. I knew I could never get here on my own. Then.... you two showed up. I tried my best not to get my hopes up. But now here we are...only, I don't really want to erase their memories anymore. I don't want to just forget everything that has happened and go back to the way things were." Dimentio smiled. "It's because of Luigi, isn't it?"

I looked down, blushing a little. "Yes. If I got that page and used it, he would know what I've done, and I'd have to erase his memory too. And I just don't want to do that. Besides, I'm pretty happy with the way things are now. Truth to be told, I'm a little sad it's ending." Dimentio nodded in understanding. 

"Hey, guys! I got the door open!" Luigi called to us. Dimentio started floating over, when I grabbed his hand. "Wait, you never told me why you're here." He smiled.

"I'm here to help Luigi. At first I was only here because he did something for me and I owed him. Now...I'm here because I want to be. Plus, he said that he'd bring L back." I smiled. "Ah, yes. Can't wait to meet this L." 

I wonder what happened to L. Was he dead? Dimentio said, 'bring him back.' So he must have died. Whatever, we all made our way over to Luigi. There was a large door, leading to an even larger underground room.

I pulled out my sword. "I'll stay out here and keep watch. I don't want to be tempted by that book. I think it would be best if only one of us went in there."

Dimentio POV

Daisy had a good point. Luigi should go in alone. I looked over at him. He smiled back at me.