Chapter 8

Dimentio POV

Luigi has to much faith in me. I usually am able to see every angle and come up with a strategy, but I had absolutely no idea what would happen in here. I am pretty good at thinking on the spot, but I do way better when I can plan everything out.

I was able to teleport us exactly where we needed to go, which was really convenient because it would have been quite a walk. It was quite literally in the middle of nowhere. 

In front of us was a large door. It looked almost transparent. Luigi couldn't even see it. There was no room attached to it. It was literally just a door. A small feeling of fear grew inside of me, as I remembered something.

I would have to go in alone.

If I didn't make it back, then he'd just be sitting out here, waiting for me for who knows how long. No, I couldn't allow that. I couldn't let him down.

Not again.

"I know you'll make it out. I trust you." Luigi told me. Why was he so trusting. I don't deserve it. L trusted me, and look what I did.

Why do I keep thinking about it? Why do I care so much.

I smiled, and walked forward.

As I walked through the door, my surroundings changed. I could no longer see Luigi. The door shut behind me. I sighed, and pushed forward.

This room was way to bright for my liking. The walls were white, the ceiling was white, everything was white. In front of me were some stairs. I looked around. Seeing nothing else, I climbed them.

So many stairs. I tried snapping my fingers, but I couldn't teleport. I also couldn't float, but I still had the rest of my magic. I could summon projectiles and all that jazz. It was like these rooms only limited certain things.

I saw a sign on the wall. "Only a being whom displays the qualities a true magician must have will be able to pass." I rolled my eyes. "First, the ability to physically get somewhere, without relying on your magic."

Ugh. That must be what these stairs are. Why walk when you could just fly? This was so exhausting. I looked a
ead. The end was so far away. 

My legs burned. I don't think I've walked this much EVER. I swear, when I get out of here I am never walking again. I looked back and groaned. "Ugh, I'm not even half way??"

Eventually I made my way to the top. I collapsed in exhaustion, my legs shaking. I took a few minutes to catch my breath. I was feeling so dehydrated. I snapped my fingers, hoping to make a shroom shake appear in my hand, but no such luck. "Looks like I can't bring anything from the outside in here. Guess I'll suffer. Ah ha ha...."

After about 30 minutes, I was able to pick myself back up. I felt bad about making Luigi wait outside that much longer, but he didn't just climb up a billion sets of stairs, so he can wait. I looked up and walked into the next room.

I could float again. Thank Grambi! It was a miracle! I looked ahead and read the next sign.

"Only a powerful Magician can master the art of being two places at once. To prevent just any magician from reaching the next room, one must master the art of cloning in order to proceed."

I smiled. "Oh, this is easy." I immediately made a clone of myself. There were two separate devices. It looked like they were some type of scanner. Probably to scan for fingerprints to make sure my clone was actually a clone of me and not some other person. We each walked to the opposite sides of the room, took off our left glove, and placed our hand on the scanner.

A small needle poked up and pricked my finger, catching me off guard. "OW! What the heck??" I lifted my hand. There was a little blood dripping from the spot I got pricked. I looked over at my clone. Similar situation, only he couldn't feel pain, since he was just a clone. I saw words appear on the scanner. "SAME DNA, PLEASE PROCEED." A door opened up. I smiled, then snapped my fingers, making my clone disappear before proceeding.