Part 2, Chapter 8

A Few Months Ago

Dimentio POV

"Luigi, Please."

His eyes we're cold. They lacked the Luigi quality they had just minutes ago.

He let me go.

I watched as he faded from view.

That wasn't Luigi up there. That wasn't the Luigi I knew.

The Luigi I knew wouldn't drop me.

I looked down as I fell. I couldn't even see the ground.

A panic rose from within me. It was scary to fall this fast. It was scary, knowing what was coming for me. I've died before, I don't want to go back.

I had to think, and think fast. I didn't want to die. Not yet. Not like this.

I floated over that gap in that one place when I had to get the key from Sarasaland. I can do it again! I just need to focus.

Floating takes less magic, but it also would have to require a lot more effort since I would have to maintain it. The only way out of this would be to teleport. I just need to summon enough magic to get out of here in a short burst.

I frantically snapped my fingers trying to teleport away.

It's much harder to focus when you're falling to your death. Plus, this room seems much stronger when it comes to limiting magic.

These walls were specifically made to keep people like me from teleporting in. I'd have to do the impossible.

I saw the ground. It was approaching fast.

If I died, Jades would punish me like I've never been punished before. I'm sure she wouldn't take the fact that I escaped death for two years lightly.

"Come on, please work." I told myself, frantically snapping my fingers.

I can't die yet. I have to stop Luigi. I have to save him.

The ground was near. I braced myself for impact.

Then, just as I was about to hit the ground, I teleported away.

"YES!" I cried, just before hitting a bunch of tree branches.

I have no idea where I teleported to. I didn't think of a specific location. Just out of that room. Turns out I teleported myself sixty feet into the air over some trees. The branches cut and scratched me as I fell.

"Ow, ah!" I cried as I hit each branch, before landing in some murky brown water.

I quickly swam up and started splashing around. "AGH! GETMEOUTGETMEOUTGETMEOUT!" I cried, as I made my way for shore. I crawled up to land on my hands and knees, coughing out nasty swamp water as I started shivering.

It was dark and gloomy here. The sky was grey, and I appeared to be in some sort of swamp. I tried shaking some of the water off of me. "Water. I just HAD to teleport myself sixty feet in the air over water." I muttered.

But whatever. I wasn't dead.

I felt a warm liquid run down my arm. I lifted it, only to see that my poncho had been completely torn apart, and I had been cut. A fresh red liquid was running down my arm. I looked down at my pants to see similar results. 

Cuts and scratches everywhere. The fabric was soggy and sticky from the swamp water and my blood. How delightful.

"Great. Just, great." I muttered, before sitting pulling my knees to my chest.