Chapter 6

Luigi's POV

"Over there, I think I hear something." I head voices yell. I could hear footsteps. I looked down at Dimentio. "Is your magic back yet?" I asked. He kept snapping his fingers. "Nope." I sighed. "Okay, well they're going to find us any minute. I think we can escape if we run behind the back of the building." I picked Dimentio up so he was standing on his feet. "Are you okay to run, or does it still hurt?" I asked. He brushed himself off. "Oh, now your concerned? Why didn't you ask me that question before you forced me to sprint over here last time?" I sighed. "Because we didn't have time. Are you okay or not?" He nodded. "I think I'm fine. Doesn't hurt anymore. I just can't use my magic." I nodded.

Their footsteps were getting louder. "Okay, we have to go now!" I said, taking Dimentio's hand and running. "Whoa, wait up!" He called, trying to keep up. We ran out of town an into a small oasis in the desert. There were a few trees and bushes. "We can hide in there!" I pointed. The trees and bushes would make great cover until those people stopped chasing us. We continued running, until Dimentio stopped me. "Wait!" He said, holding up a hand.

He looked down at the ground. There were a bunch of leaves. "That's obviously a pit trap." I looked at him. "What?" He groaned. "Do you know nothing? Pit traps are basically holes in the ground that are covered up."

Why was there a random trap here?

I sighed. "Oh, okay," We both slowly stepped back, when a rope tightened around out feet, and yanked us upward, turning us upside down. Dimentio started squirming around, swinging his arms with his eyes closed. "Hey! What is the meaning of this! Unhand us!" My hat fell off my head and onto the ground. I nervously looked around.

Third Person POV

The bushes shook. Luigi nervously looked over at them. "W-who's there??" He asked. Dimentio kept squirming around. "Unhand us! I'm warning you!"

Suddenly, a woman emerged from the bushes. Luigi's eyes went wide. 

She was beautiful. 

She walked up to him and grabbed his chin, examining his face.

He could feel his face heat up as she grabbed it.

"You're new here, aren't you." She asked. Luigi, still hanging upside down, smiled. "Uhh, y-yeah." She laughed. "I knew I didn't recognize your face." She released Luigi's chin and stepped back, crossing her arms.

"Now, hold on!" Dimentio said, moving his body so the rope would spin, rotating so he could face her. "What is the meaning of this??" She laughed and pulled out a sword. "My apologies. I merely set these traps to make sure no one would come out here." She swung her sword. Luigi closed his eyes in fear, thinking she was going to kill them, when the rope cut and they fell onto their heads. 

Luigi quickly picked himself up and looked at the beautiful woman, before he heard more footsteps. The woman then grabbed him and Dimentio, and forced them down. "Shhhhh." She told them. 

"They must have gone into the oasis" The voices said. "They're as good as dead." Their footsteps retreated, and the woman let out a sigh of relief. Luigi picked up his hat and put it back on, then looked into her eyes. "Good as dead? What are they talking about?" She gestured to all the traps surrounding them. "I live in here. I laced this oasis with a large variety of traps. Some used to catch food, others used to keep people out. Luigi sighed. "Oh. Who are you? Why are you hiding." She seemed to tense up, before asking him another question in response. "Well who are YOU, and why were you running from them?" Luigi was about to answer, when Dimentio covered his mouth and answered for him. "We're just travelers passing though. Those people must have mistaken us for someone else, which is why they were chasing us." She sighed. "Oh, well I apologize. People here will tend to do anything for an extra buck."