Chapter 14

Third Person POV

"Princess! Princess!" A toad burst into the room. Peach turned around. She was exhausted. It had been years, and there have been a few sightings, but no one had captured Luigi or Dimentio yet. "Yes?" She asked. The toad composed themselves, before speaking. "The unstable man and the insane clown have been spotted. Here, in the Mushroom Kingdom." Peach's eyes went wide. "Here?? They're here??" The toad nodded. She clapped her hands. "Oh, that's wonderful news! Call the Captain, send out a squad, and bring them to me! This is a great chance to see our new Captain get into action! I heard she's tough as nails! And remember, whatever you do, don't hurt the man."

A short while after Mario was frozen, the Princess needed someone else to protect her. So, the Mushroom Kingdom hired a bright, strong young toad, who had big dreams to be a Captain. At first she was just a normal guard, but she recently obtained the title of Captain. Ever since she was hired, the Princess hasn't been kidnapped once. She's a stickler for rules, and she'll stop at nothing to protect the throne.

Ever since she was a child, this toad wanted to help others. Many didn't think she could do it, since she was small and weak. But her spirit was big, and her brain was bigger. She trained, practiced, and rose above the rest.

A small squad was sent after the wanted criminals.

When they got back to the sight, no one was there. All that was left was a large door. "How peculiar...I don't remember a door here." One toad said. Another toad, the Captain, Toadette, pulled them forward. "Alright, they obviously went in there. We're going in, boys."

Luigi POV

It was dark in here. I was in front, Dimentio and Daisy behind me. There was a torch on the wall, so I grabbed it, giving us more light.

"OW! Your stupid sword keeps poking me!" Dimentio whisper-screamed. "It is not! Ugh, can you move any faster. Seriously, you can fly! Why are you going so slow??" "Ah, you're right. You're right. Only, this stupid room isn't letting me float! My magic is probably being restricted again."

I turned around and faced them. "Shh, guys, stop fighting." Both of them fell silent.

".....He started it..." "I DID NOT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO POKED ME!" I rolled my eyes and smiled. Oh, how they reminded me of having a brother....

We were walking down a long, narrow hallway. It was a little tight, which is probably why Dimentio and Daisy kept fighting.

"OW, QUIT POKING ME!" Dimentio exclaimed. "I'M NOT POKING YOU!" I turned around again. "Guys, please. Just stop-"

I looked at Dimentio.

"Dimentio.....?"

I walked closer and brought the torch near. "W-what is that?" 

He looked down.  There was a small dart sticking out of his hip.

Daisy laughed. "SEE! I told you I wasn't poking you!"

Dimentio and I both shot her a dirty look. She scratched the back of her head. "Ah, right. Sorry" Dimentio yanked the small dart out of his side and looked at it. There was a purple liquid dripping from the tip of it. He let out a small chuckle. 

"Ah, poison."

My eyes went wide. "POISON??" He smiled. "Yup. Give me that." He took the torch out of my hand and looked around. On the ground were some small panels. "I wonder...." He said, before stepping on one. Another small dart shot into his side. I gasped. "DIMENTIO! ARE YOU OKAY??" 

He nodded. "Yeah. Just don't step on those panels. This way." He yanked the dart out and took the lead. 

"B-but you got shot! How are you so calm??" He smirked. "There's an antidote up there according to the signs." I looked around. "Signs?? What signs??" He put the torch up to the wall. "Those signs."