Chapter 13

Dimentio POV

Two years. We spent a whole two years lying low. And I loved it. Everyday I somehow grew to love them. I didn't think I'd ever be this happy. I don't deserve to be this happy, but I am. And it's because Luigi gave me a second chance. A second chance I didn't deserve. I didn't deserve it, but he gave it to me anyway.

Nevertheless, we had a job to do. I know he desperately missed his brother. We had to stay on track. I approached Luigi, and handed him the scroll. "It's....it's time."

I was kinda dreading this day. The day we resumed our adventure, because it meant we were a step closer to being done. What would come of us when he freed his brother? I originally planned to go my own way, maybe get revenge on those who've wronged me. Come up with a new plan to get my perfect world....but I don't want that anymore. I like the way things are. It's funny. I've never felt so secure. So...at home.

Luigi slowly took the scroll from me and nodded. "One key left. We can do it!" He chirped. I smiled, hiding the small amount of sadness I was feeling. Daisy walked over to us. I could see she was slightly uneasy too, but why, I don't know. She has no reason to avoid the Mushroom Kingdom...or does she. We still don't quite know about her past. 

I snapped my fingers and offered her a shroom shake. She rolled her eyes and took it.

"You're nervous. I can tell," I told her. She shook her head. "No. I'm not." Luigi smiled and grabbed her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. I'm nervous too." I laughed. "Luigi, you're always nervous."

I didn't want to admit, but I was nervous too. Not for the same reasons. I wasn't scared of getting caught, although those tasers were rather unpleasant. I was scared of this all ending. I was scared of Luigi doing what he promised to do.

Bringing L back.

What if he hated me. He should hate me. After what I did to him. I deserve it. 

Whatever. I can't waste my time worrying. Worrying doesn't accomplish anything. 

Daisy nodded. "So, according to this, there is an underground passage. Inside is a large variety of traps and such. Blah, blah, blah, ah, here! It says the entrance is near the Princess's castle! But, we need a different key for it, which has been placed under a hero's protection. Let's start with that!"

Luigi looked deep in thought. "A hero's protection. The only hero in the Mushroom Kingdom is..." I could see his eyes go wide. "What?? Who??" Daisy asked. Luigi looked over at me. I knew who he was thinking of.

"......Daisy, we'll take care of getting that key. I'll send you to the castle and we'll meet you there. Sound good?" I told her. She looked like she was going to protest, but saw the sad expression on Luigi's face and stayed silent. "Alright."

I snapped my fingers, sending her away. Then I turned to Luigi. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked him. I could see a few tears welling up in his eyes. "Yeah. I'm fine. I just haven't been home since..." I nodded. "I can send you over with her. You don't have to go back there. I can find it." He shook his head. "No, I want to help this time."

I nodded, then raised my hand. I snapped, teleporting us both to his old house. We arrived at his doorstep. He immediately ran inside to avoid being seen. I followed. He was breathing heavily. "Hey, calm down. Everything's alright." I tried reasoning. His breathing slowly returned to normal.

He slowly walked over to the dining room table.

"The last time I ever saw him....we were eating lunch right here." Luigi looked at the two chairs. "He sat over there, and I sat right here....He was telling me how they had finished their project. He was telling me that...things would get better. People would trust us."