***mosters aren't scary***

Vel is the 'monster' under maloris bed when she was a child.

"YOU FUCKING WHORE, YOU CHEATED AGAIN!" An angered man screamed at his wife.

Coming up with a quick reply the women screamed back at him. Both adults seemingly forgetting about the crying, auburn haired four year old in the room.

The room smelt of alcohol while ear bleeding shouting slipping around from person to person.

Time seemed to slow down for the youngest in the room. She gripped the sides of her head over her ears, scrunching and releasing bundles of auburn hair.

The noises seemed to all fuse together until... silence.

Finally having enough the child ran away into her room, slamming the door behind her. Her back was pushed against the door. Slowly she slid down the door and crumbled up into a ball, knees up to her chest kept there by her arms wrapped around her legs.

Teary eyes finally looked up caught on glowing golden eyes sitting right in front of her.

Immediately a sense of panic washed through her, especially when she noticed a clawed thumb move in front of her eye where the demon wiped the tears away.

The monsters touch was soft, helping settle malori but her golden eyes were clear with rage, obviously not directed at malori, more so the adults on the other side of the door.

Dispite there being a demon in front of her malori needed comfort.

The younger girl leaned forward into the demon, wrapping her arms around her neck and crying into her shoulder.

Velverosa tensed up for a moment, before melting into the soft touch, wraping her own arms around the childs back, a soft smile appearing on her face while leaning further into soft auburn hair and inhaling the addicting scent of chestnut.

Several minutes past before velverosa pulled back from the girl and smiling at her, trying to give an impression that malori would be safe.

Only then was when the yelling from outside invaded the dragons ears again.

She didn't know why she did it. Why would she, the demon queen, most feared ruler in all the land, care about one small human girl? It could be because this girl was to innocent and not able to defend herself, or.... this human was.... different. She looked much kinder and somehow had a.... charm, to her.

Minutes past before the queen came out of her thoughts and found herself flying away with a small human asleep in her arms.

On their way to the demon tower where malori would train to become the next demon general and potentially, a future queen.

Have a wonderful day/night ;)
Btw, i hate using slurrys, it felt so wrong when i used the word 'whore' at the start. A shiver goes down my spin every time i here a word like that, i really hate it.