Chapter Ten

WARNING : EXTREMELY LONG CHAPTER THAT CONTAINS HOCKEY LUKE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND READ ON OWN RISK!

After a short drive, Luke finally arrived at the ice rink. Boner long gone but the thoughts of Ashton laying naked on his bed were still there. He could see the boy everytime he closed his eyes,screw that he didn't even have to close his eyes to see the boy sprawled. 

The only thing that frustrated was that he did not know who gave him those bruises, they were everywhere, purple bruises spread over his tan skin. He somehow felt responsible for the young boy,he wanted to protect him.

Luke quickly shook the thoughts out of his head and grabbed the large black bag with his hockey gear in it and got out of the car.

He walked into the hockey arena, the sound of his combat boots against the wooden floors heavily drone through the empty building. Because he was team captain he was always the first one to arrive at the arena.

He greeted and nodded at a couple people as he passed them while making his way to the locker room. Blonde hair tucked into a beanie because it would probably be ruined anyway after the long sweaty game and his helmet.

Finally he reached the locker room and opened the door, the heavy door falling automatically shut behind him sending a harsh echo through the empty room that soon will be filled with the blonde's team mates.

 Luke took in the familiar room and a small smile played on his lips, tonight was a big game and he knew how much it would mean for the team to win. They had trained so hard for this and if they won this they were one step closer to becoming state champions.

In Luke's opinion their team deserved to win just as much as the other teams,  he wanted his team to win the state championship.

In a matter of minutes the entire locker room was filled with his team mates, loud music playing and their voices booming loudly through the room.The crowded locker room was buzzing with adrenaline and high energy.

At any other day Luke would've been just as pumped up as the rest but right now there were going way to many thoughts through his mind, he was the team captain, he couldn't fail his team.

Friday night games were his primary source of happiness. The energy from the crowd motivating his muscles to just give a little bit more of himself, to push just a little bit harder through the pain when the last minutes ticked away on the clock.

The crowd is always at their loudest and the after parties were usually legendary, Luke smiled thinking about the after party at his house,the one he met Ashton. Memories of the smaller boy floating through his head and he hated the fact that he couldn't stop thinking about the boy with the sun kissed skin and dirty blonde curls.

Luke jumped on the bench, the feeling of a towel being whipped across the back of his neck. Luke whipped his head around to see a smirking Calum, the towel in question wrapped around his neck while he twisted the dials to his locker.

"So you ready for the big game" Calum asked raising one of his thick eyebrows and Luke sighed "yeah just nervous" Luke said honestly , there was no way in hiding anything from the guy that was basically his brother. "Luke Hemmings nervous? you've been pushing a stick around since you were five" 

Calum was right, Luke had practically started skating straight after he learned to walk, Hockey was his passion, there was no doubt that he was good and everyone knew making him a threat to other teams out there. The position also caused rivals to push him around on the ice but with Luke's height and broad shoulders he knocked a guy off of his skates by just bumping shoulders.