Chapter Five

It was Thursday and all Ashton wanted to do was crawl into a hole and never come out, he doesn't want to get up, he doesn't want to go to the hell hole they call school.

He hated it in there, not for the classes or teachers, no they were completely fine. Some maybe a little bit less fun than the rest but overall it wasn't bad at all.

It were the people inside of the building,the mean students who just wanted to see him die, the bullying is taking it's toll on Ashton and he doesn't know how much longer he can hold on.

How much longer he could hold himself above the freezing water,How long he could hold on onto the edge of the cliff, he wasn't eating normally anymore , he had just lost his appetite, he couldn't sleep and when he did sleep it was full of nightmares. 

All sings of depression,and he knew it was getting worse but he couldn't show anyone, he didn't want to drag his already miserable mother into it to because she's already trying so hard to handle this situation and act like nothings wrong towards the world.

So he got up , he took in a long breath and prepared himself for the day,he pushed his demons back in his head and pretended to be fine,just like everyday.

He hated pretending that he was fine, he just wanted somebody to hold him when he cried and told him everything would be alright but who was he kidding, he had nobody.

After he shower and got dressed he walked downstairs again , not even trying to communicate with the rest of his family. He just simply made himself some cereal and ate it in silence while his siblings talked away.

He had just shoved his breakfast down his throat and mumbled a quick 'bye' before leaving the house.

~~

The bell had just rung signaling that it was lunch, Ashton had quickly walked towards his locker getting his books out and dumping them in his bag as fast as he could. 

He closed his locker and turned to walk away but somebody grabbed his shoulder, he jumped but sighed in relief when he saw it was only Michael "hi mate" Michael said happily and Ashton felt all the stress rush out of his body.

He smiled and replied to his friend? "hi Mikey" he said and Michael casually wrapped his arm around his shoulder and started to talk "so i really need to go to the city and i was thinking why won't we go together it will be fun" he said chirpy.

I smiled and nodded "yeah that would be great" he said and at that moment , he had somebody. Michael walked towards the canteen ,his arm still around Ashton's shoulder as he manoeuvred him through the crowd  and towards a empty table.

~~~~~~ 

It was around 4 in the afternoon and Michael and Ashton had found themselves just casually walking around the semi busy streets of the city.

They had become a bit closer after today, it was really the first time that they talked about personal stuff other than just asking how their weekends were or some comments about the homework during their classes together.

Ashton could now call him a friend, sure they had hung out but it wasn't  like this most time, they actually had taken the time to get to know each other better.

Ashton felt happy that he finally had a friend ,someone who did care and it made him feel special from the inside. A friend was something he hadn't had in years, ever since he came out everybody was afraid to be around him.

But when Michael moved he never cared about anyone's opinion i mean look at him his hair is fucking red, that kinda shows that he doesn't give two shits about what people think about him and it maybe was faith that he was placed next to Ashton in class.