..venti // parting gifts and new horizons

╭ ⺌ ─ 𓇬 venti 𓂅 ⩇⩇.⩇⩇
                  fluff + gender fluid

⩇⩇                  fluff + gender fluid

.. ✾ ..

" no matter how your
heart is grieving, if you
keep on believing... the
dreams that you wish..
will come true "

━━━━━━━━ ✾ ━━━━━━━━

"a dream... is a wish, your heart makes~" venti sang, strumming the lyre in his hands. his gentle fingers plucked the beautiful turquoise strings, the melodious melody was heard by the many that was watching his performance. "when you're fast asleep."

you sat with barbara in the corner while you both watched venti sing. barbara was mesmerised with his voice while you were mesmerised by everything. the way his lyre sparkled every time he plucked a string made you stare even more in awe.

"in dreams you will lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep." venti sang beautifully, and a lot of the city kids were already starting to fall asleep from the beautiful singing. you and barbara were exchanging looks of approval while venti continued his song. "have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through."

the wind started to pick up, and venti began to float a little in the air. he danced around it the air, still strumming the lyre. he opened his soft gentle eyes and met your gaze. he smiled and started to strum the melody towards you.

he began to sing again. "no matter how your heart is grieving... if you keep on believing... the dreams that you wish will come true."

venti continued to sing for another few minutes before he ended his daily performances. the crowd cheered and paid him the mora for his performance. you of course, as usual, didn't pay the mora, as he had always told you that you didn't have to. venti saw you as a friend, a person that helped him throughout the olden times even during the archon war.

though you weren't an archon yourself, you were the dendro guardian of the forests of mondstadt, so venti owed you a lot for the help you've done before.

"that was an amazing performance don't you think?" barbara asked once the two of you were walking side by side down the stairs. you nodded as barbara clutched her book closer to her chest. "his voice is truly the most wonderful thing ever..."

you smiled at barbara. "but you're a singer too. you're an idol! shouldn't you... have a wonderful voice too?"

barbara blushed. "a-ahh no no! i... i believe i still need some practice after all... i'm nowhere as perfect as venti..."

you nodded. she wasn't actually lying, there were very few people who could surpass venti's singing. everyone tried to mimic the voice of venti, but nobody could. you even tried it yourself, but venti mostly just laughed at you after your desperate attempts.