..zhongli + childe // elevator trouble

behold, crack au

behold, crack au

[ germany  -  mondstadt ]
[ russia  -  snezhnaya ]
[ china  - liyue ]

━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━ 𓍯

childe and zhongli had both travelled to germany for a little sightseeing, and after venturing a little, they had tried some of their local delicacies; some of their pasta, radish soup, mushroom skewers that childe happened to love, and some of their more exotic meat.

regardless, they had a lot of fun. zhongli having been from china and childe having been from russia, it was their first time ever experiencing another foreign country together as friends. though, childe did share some feelings for zhongli.

"hey, there's an elevator, we might as well take it than the stairs." zhongli suggested, pointing towards the elevators. childe nodded and they both pressed a button and waited for the elevator doors to open.

"after we return to the hotel, should we have a nice warm bath?" childe asked, clearly hinting something, but being oblivious, zhongli only nodded.

"agreed, it is pretty hot in germany."

childe slumped and sighed as the elevator doors opened, and they both stepped in. zhongli stood on the right while childe stood on the left, and tried to think of another way to confess to zhongli properly about his feelings, while zhongli was confused as where the buttons of the elevators were.

"where's the buttons...?" zhongli asked, and childe looked around. he was confused at first, but he knew that germany had their fair share of voice-regcognition elevators that functioned in english for those who didn't understand german.

"oh they installed voice-recognition in the elevators, there are no buttons." childe said simply, thinking it would be something easy. zhongli turned to look at childe with a serious expression.

"voice-recognition technology? in a lift? in germany? have you ever tried voice-recognition technically before...?" zhongli asked.

childe blinked slowly. "no...?"

"they don't do chinese and russian accents, childe." zhongli pointed out. both of them had heavy accents of their country, so to zhongli, it seemed like a hard thing to do.

"oh come on how hard could it be," childe said and looked up towards the voice monitor. "eleven!"

the elevator didn't move, then an automated voice came from the monitor. "could you please repeat that?"