..xiao // moonlight drawn by clouds

" 𝘭𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 "

━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━ 𓍯

❍│✦ꦿ⃔⸙۪ ·  ·  ·  · gender fluid + angst

___________________

where the snow falls, the cranes that fly past will always have a story to tell , whether it be sad or happy. you will always have a hand to them; where you stretch out your arms to dance with the cranes that flew past every winter in liyue. the yakshas and the adepti all watched; as the beauty of their wings spreaded throughout all of liyue.

you would curl your fingers to match their rhythm, and you'd sing along with them whenever they flew around and past. xiao would always be around to watch you , sipping his tea with rex lapis as the soft dew that slipped from the qingxin flowers made soft morning noises along with the rustling of leaves as the breeze blew.

xiao would take your hand and dance the dance of the cranes with you whenever he was finished with his tea with rex lapis. he'd hold your hands and intertwine your fingers together with his, so you two would never part. he'd smile at you, and you'd smile at him.

winter had passed, and finally the birds and butterflies returned into the sun and blue sky. you stood a few feet away from xiao while he sat on the marble chair on the top of mountain aozang, where the lake rests warmly nearby.

you sang with the birds as xiao smiled softly behind you, watching as you enjoyed yourself under the sun. he rested his hands on the round table and called out to you. "you sing beautifully."

you turned to face him as a soft red crept onto your face, and you smiled a soft smile. as his words, ever so soft, made you so happy.

after a while, you went over to sit next to him as you both leaned against each other to watch the sun set behind the mountains. you held up your hands in front of him and blocked out the sun rays with your fingers. he smiled and took ahold of your hand and brought it up to his lips to kiss gently.

you blushed shyly. "if one day, i no longer have such a pretty voice, would you still love me?"

"but of course." was his reply, as he stroked your hair while the sun slowly settled behind the mountains as the sky faded into a soft purple and blue. you leaned into him more as he wrapped his strong arms around your small frame and kissed the top of your head.

as summer approached, the heat was unbearable, so you spent most of your time down over at qingyun peak where the wind blew the most. xiao would often visit, and you would hand him his ever favourable qingxin flowers.