..diluc // drowned into the night

╭ ⺌ ─ 𓇬 diluc 𓂅 ⩇⩇.⩇⩇
                  fluff + gender fluid + comfort

⩇⩇                  fluff + gender fluid + comfort

" what is it, dear?
im about to sleep soon. "

━━━━━━━━ ✾ ━━━━━━━━

there was lots of work to finish off, and you weren't sure if you could handle it. as a knight of favonius, you were always tasked with hard jobs, and diluc knew of that. although he wasn't so supporting of you at first, he came to understand you were doing this just to gain some experience in the fighting grounds. diluc ignored the differences with his brother and supported you after a while.

you were glad he understood your overworking and late-nights. you always worked hard, and that meant a lot of people trusted you and entrusted you with more harder jobs and commissions. you of course never refused, and jean often looked up to you for it. although you were pleased, it meant spending less time with diluc.

even though he was understanding, you still felt guilty.

so you decided that you would take the night off, and instead of doing extra work and commissions , you were going to return back home.

back to the warm cackling fire by the fireplace; back into diluc's arms as he would read you to sleep while you laid cuddled up in his arms. you could imagine what he would be up to now.

he would have finished his bath by now, and he would have that same white towel around his neck to prevent his hair from dripping water everywhere. he would put on that oversized white-buttoned up shirt and black pants and snake his way into bed with a book and a cup of tea om the nightstand.

thinking about the sight of him made your heart flutter, and you took even quicker steps back home. he didn't know you were returning early tonight, and so you were going to surprise him.

you gently opened the door to your house and shut it. you clicked the lock in place and removed your boots, placing them on the rack. you made your way into the living room where you noticed immediately, a small basket of fruits on the coffee table. there was a hand-written note spelling out:

" when you get back "

you hugged the note close to your heart and took the apple and a few grapes. as you removed most of your more heavy wear, you chewed and swallowed the fruits that diluc had most probably picked out for you. fresh from the forests near the winery.

you discarded your bags and clothes, and neatly placed everything into their respective baskets and drawers and cabinets before you ascended up the stairs with a small candle in your hand. you kept your footsteps light as you made your way up towards your shared-bedroom.