..scaramouche // so long, partner [ part i ]

" 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥,
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 "

" 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 "

❍│✦ꦿ⃔⸙۪ ·  ·  · gender fluid + angst + orphanage au

━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━ 𓍯

you and scaramouche were always playing with the other kids that didn't seem to enjoy his presence. your parents had died when you were very young, although scaramouche on the hand was a sadder story. while you and xiangling and the other girls were eating dinner, scaramouche told you that his parents thought he was a bad child; hard to control.

"don't worry," you told him, slurping your soup. "y/n could never leave you; we're all friends."

scaramouche sticked close to you after that. you helped him draw his eyeliner when he got older; and he taught you how to defend yourself when he got older too. the orphanage was relatively beautiful, and it was spacious. everyone had space to do whatever they please, and scaramouche had his freedom to taunt the younger children, like a big brother would.

"don't you think he's taking it a little too far?" mona grumbled as she sat beside you on the porch of the orphanage. you shook your head, seeing how scaramouche, a now 18 year old boy was chasing the younger kids with a toy cockroach and spider. "the kids will tell on him again."

you laughed as the kids fell and hugged each other and cried their eyes out, while scaramouche stood over them and held the cockroach and spider in front of their eyes. "mister zhongli and madam jean wouldn't really mind, besides, they're kids. they should have a little fun."

"yeah but not like that..." mona sighed, and she handed you a small juice box. you thanked her and sipped on it. you and mona, and a few others had already established that you were never going to be adopted into the wealthy and beautiful family that the orphanage had promised you. you were all fine with this, as there were only a handful of you left, and you guys loved it.