[ scaramouche ] - we were meant to be just not made to last

gender neutral reader
angst chapter

.

because yall have been
getting too much crack
and fluff lately and im
kinda jealous lmao

.

𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚑?𝚒𝚖 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝______________________________________

𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚑?
𝚒𝚖 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝
______________________________________

🌙

you and scaramouche dated due to the fact that he hated the world and so did you.

you and him were always inseparable, and on top of being misunderstood, you and him always shared a moment together whenever the fatui members never bothered you two for work.

he would cook and you would do the dishes.

you would make the bed and he'd prepare the bath.

one day, he decided that he had enough and wanted to be a god and destroy sumeru to abide by the doctor's orders, but you supported him wholeheartedly. you understood that it was wrong to defy your superior's orders. 

before he left for his mission, you helped him tidy his clothes and patted his head. he gazed at you with soft longing eyes. "im gonna go now."

"i know," you adjusted his clothes and patted his chest. "be safe, as always and come home."

he took your hand and cracked your knuckles for you, which made you laugh. he didnt smile, since he was too busy taking your features into his mind for the last time. he held his mother's gnosis but still felt empty. "i always do."

"i'll see you during the next meeting."

"stay evil."

"stay cute." you winked at him, and he knocked your forehead. he sighed as he watched you rub the small spot he had hurt, and he couldnt help but want to hug you tightly.

"y/n you'd wait for me right? no matter how long it takes? you wont run off with another man would you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"hmmmm, i dont know... kazuha is kinda hot to be very honest with you..."

he grabbed your collar, gently of course, and pulled you closer to him. his eyes were frowning at you, and his gaze dark. "im sorry i didnt quite catch that, i suggest you repeat it again correctly this time."