[ cyno ] - the desert's wrath (part iii)

( gender neutral reader )

🦂

"once we reach the desert, im going to count up to 60 seconds , and once that is over we are going straight back. understood?" cyno asks, looking at you. you sighed but nodded your head. "alright. go on, step on the sand."

you hesitate. you know he was going to count accurately a minute, but you also wanted more time in the desert, and you couldnt imagine being stuck inside the hut unable to sleep for eight hours. you didnt step into the desert.

"what are you sulking about?"

"i just dont want to go back to the hut and wait eight hours for tighnari to come and check on me the next day, i cant sleep anymore thats why im out here in the first place," you explained. "one minute isnt enough for me, ill do anything if you could just give me five minutes at least— i-i'll even tell you a joke."

cyno blinks. "a joke?"

"yeah! u-um.. okay what is blue and not very heavy?"

cyno raised a brow. "what?"

"light blue."

"..."

"..."

cyno's lips began to curl a little, but he held himself back from laughing. the moment you saw that, you were the one who burst out laughing at your own joke. you know it wasnt even that funny, but seeing how hard cyno was trying not to laugh made you laugh.

"okay, that was funny."

"so do i get five minutes?"

cyno sighs bitterly at his defeat. "sure."

"can i get a tennnn...?"

"hey, i give you an inch, so you take a mile?" cyno sighs. it wouldn't hurt to let you out more, besides, he could enjoy the scenery too. its been way too long since he had time for himself like this. with one final, heavy sigh, cyno reluctantly agrees. "okay, fine."

you smile in victory and give cyno a tight squeeze out of habit. he stammers, and flinched a little. you realised what youve done and let go of him immediately. "im sorry its- a habit."

cyno looks away from you. "its alright."

you start walking into the desert and cyno follows behind, not close enough to make you uncomfortable but also close enough to make sure youre still within his sights.