..dainsleif // falling in love again

" 𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰 "

❍│✦ꦿ⃔⸙۪ ·  · gender fluid + fluff                    + little angst + modern au

                   + little angst + modern au

━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━ 𓍯

you knocked on his door. the same door you walked off on, and the same door you had seen for years. you felt guilty, but at the same time, you were a little scared. you were still trying to sleep late at night without him by your side, and when you thought too much, you wanted to turn and leave; make it seem like you were never here.

but the door unlocked.

you stood your ground when he saw you, and his eyes instantly fell soft. he lowered his shoulders and sighed a little. obviously, seeing your face again after all these years hurted him, but he wasn't going to let you see that. "ah.. its you.. well, what is it?"

you said nothing, instead you just waltzed right into his apartment. you always used to do this, walking into his house without even asking for permission. he sighed a little.

"well, you haven't changed that habit."

he shut the door and went into the kitchen to where you were. you, like always, sat on the table and brought your knees to your chin, waiting for dainsleif to show up at the doorframe. he came in, looked at you for a while, and sat down on the stool.

you played with your hair a little, while he just looked around the kitchen. now that you were here, it felt a little less lonely. the walls seemed more colourful, and the tiles seemed shinier. the flowers seemed to have brightened up the minute you walked in; the dull house suddenly became colourful.