..jean // the grandmaster ascends

" 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺;
𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶.
𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯 "

❍│✦ꦿ⃔⸙۪ ·  ·  ·  ·  gender fluid + angst

━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━ 𓍯

"grandmaster! grandmaster!" you yelled, coming up towards the cliff that held the tree of vanessa. jean stood underneath as the wind picked up on her, but she didn't turn to look at you. she smiled as she watched the moon, with her hands behind her back formally.

"ah, y/n, you have returned to mondstadt after all these years of being in liyue?" she asked, in a welcoming tone. she smiled gently, but still didn't turn to look at you. you bent down slightly to try and catch your breath as you struggled to form the words.

"i have bad news! very terrible news!" you gasped, and jean turned her head a little to the side to eye you. her soft blue eyes were gleaning under the moonlight.

"come now y/n, there are no such things as bad news," she then turned her body to face you. "it's only bad news if you interpret it as such."

"the... fatuis... they're going to raid mondstadt soon!" you said breathlessly, leaning your tired body against the big oak tree. you had ran all the way to mondstadt from liyue, trying your best to block off the area so the fatuis wouldn't arrive. they were planning to take over teyvat, and mondstadt was their destination as you've heard from ningguang, the tianquan of liyue.