28

Zach's POV

The next day I woke up remembering that I have purple hair. Great. I sighed before getting up to get into the shower. It least it isn't permanent.

After I got out, I finished getting ready before heading downstairs.

"Heyo." I said sitting down at the island.

"Whats up?" Jack replied.

"The sky." I said back.

"Wow." Jack said rolling his eyes. I just laughed at him.

"You got yourself into that one." Jonah said to Jack.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Jack said. We all just laughed.

"Is Bri still sleeping?" I asked Daniel.

"Yeah, she had another bad dream last night." Daniel said with a small sigh.

"Weird. Until now, she hasn't had any bad dreams since we first adopted her. They stopped after about a week." I said.

"Yeah. And I've tried to talk about it when she wakes me up at night but she doesn't budge." Daniel said with a shrug. I just nodded. It fell to a silence after that. Thats when I decided to go try to talk to Bri.

I got up from my seat and headed for the stairs.

"Zach, where are you going?" Daniel asked.

"Nowhere." I said before jogging up the stairs.

I made my way to Brianna's room and I slowly opened the door to see her sitting on her bed drawing in one of her sketch books.

"Hey bub." I said as I made my way over to her bed.

"Hi." She said looking up. She was still in her pajamas and she had a little bed head.

"What are you drawing?" I asked.

"I don't really know. I just got my stuff out, and I've just been putting random lines down." Bri told me. I just nodded.

"Hey, I need to talk to you really quick but how about you change and we can talk while I do your hair?" I suggested. She nodded with a small smile as she got up to go change.

After Bri was all dressed we went to the bathroom so I could do her hair.

"So Daniel told me you had another bad dream last night." I said.

"Yeah." Bri quietly replied.

"Care to tell me what it was about?" I asked.

Brianna's POV

"Care to tell me what it was about?" Zachy asked me.

I sat for a few seconds thinking about it. It wouldn't hurt to tell him since he is still the only one who knows about what happened back at the orphanage, because of the first day I came here.

Flashback

Next we went to a door and when daddy opened it, it revealed stairs that went to a basement.

Daddy along with all my uncles started walking down, but I stayed put, scared of going down. Thats when uncle Zachy noticed that I wasn't following behind them.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"You guys won't lock me down here will you?" I asked.

"We would never lock you down here." He told me.

"Pinky promise?" I asked sticking out my pinky finger.

"Pinky promise." Zachy said wrapping his pinky around mine.

"Would you like me to hold you?" He asked. I nodded, quickly putting my arms up for him to pick me up.

(A/N: I know this isn't exact, but I wasn't going to go back and forth just to get it perfectly)

End of flashback

"I've been getting nightmares from when I would get locked in the basement at the orphanage." I quietly said while looking down.

"Its stupid, I know. It was years ago. But they just randomly came back and I don't know why." I said as a few tears left my eyes.

"Brianna, look at me right now." Zachy said. I looked up, and turned around so I was facing him.

"Its not stupid. Not one little bit. So don't you ever think that. You went through something that no one should ever have to go through, so don't put yourself down about it. We'll figure something out to help get rid of them, but in the mean time, promise me you won't put yourself down about it." Zachy said while wiping away my tears. I nodded to what he said.

"Pinky promise?" Zachy asked me. I let out a small giggle as I wrapped my pinky around his.

"Pinky promise." I confirmed.

_________________________________________

715 words.

Thanks for reading!